Aidan O'Brien/Ballydoyle

The great pity is that Ascot isnt on RUK. I entirely agree with Hamm and ATR doesnt stand up well enough as a serious alternative

Anybody else catch Zoey Bird's jibe about ATR having won more awards than RUK this morning on the Ascot preview?

If only she'd included our Arse Cup awards, there'd be no catching the ATR gang!

Anybody else catch Zoey Bird's jibe about ATR having won more awards than RUK this morning on the Ascot preview?

If only she'd included our Arse Cup awards, there'd be no catching the ATR gang!

I'm only surprised she had the time to raise the point before rushing off to pile her plate as full of free food as she could.

Reading this article ( http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/jun/08/tactical-failure-aidan-obrien-derby-losing-record ) got me thinking that despite saddling second, third, fourth and fifth, it was a pretty bad Derby for him/them...

- Now 32 losers in the Derby, despite having access to the best staying stallions
- Made a complete mess of tactics
- Put a jockey on their best chance who is not up to winning a Group 1 outside Ireland.
- Annoyed many racegoers with the quite arrogant bringing in of their horses late into the parade ring, ensuring those who had spent 45 mins+ waiting to see half the field were out of luck. The fine was disproportionately low considering the Derby went off 8 minutes late as a result. Gosden also did the same Friday, but one horse in the Oaks with half the field in the Derby bares no comparison.
- Showed they have little interest in furthering the sport with the bland and unnecessary lack of information and communication about their horses during Epsom's Breakfast with the Stars. Contrast this with Oxx who flew across especially for the programme, recognising his position as trainer of the favourite and promoting the race.

This is one of the most ill-thought out posts I've ever read on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough to disagree, but better to comment line by line rather than just slag off?

Many would say that the best trainer in world resides in France anyway..

Back