Aintree 2016

We have an unprecedented situation where four of the top chasers have fallen this season namely Vautour, Cue card, Don Cossack and Djakadam.
All could have won their races but for falling.
Rock on Punchestown where some questions may be settled.
Stick Vautour in the 3 miler there and very few here will be worried about the 2000 Gns methinks .
The way the weather is here at the moment firm going should not be a problem !

Racing Post ‏@RacingPost 10m10 minutes ago
Willie Mullins says there is a "very good chance" Vautour will run in the Bibby Financial Services Gold Cup at Punchestown.

can't say i'd be rushing to back him over dc/cc on a right handed track

Last edited:
The events of this season remind me of an old joke

Question. How do you know WM is putting everybody away

Answer. His lips are moving.

I hate guessing these things but you'd have to think Vautour is Gold Cup bound next season with Douvan booked to **** up in the Queen Mum. The more difficult decision for owner/yard will be with Annie Power & Faugheen. Can't see how you can send Annie back to the mares after her last two performances and they've already got plenty of options for that race. Best guess is that they'll face off in the CH with Limini in the mares and VVM going for the stayers hurdle, a division which will be left wide open by the departure of Thistlecrack to fences.

I just want to see Vautour v Cue Card v Don Cossack v Thistlecrack v Coneygree and we may only have to wait until Christmas :)

Thistlecrack? He hasn't jumped a fence in public and you think he'll run in the King George in 8 months time?.

That line up should be enough to knock some sense into the owners and realize what they would be giving up going chasing.

he went to Cheltenham again though even though some thought it wasn't his course..why would they not go for a KG again?..without the fall it would be a given this year..you don't not go for a race because of a fall previous year

Vautour fans won't want DC in the KG that is for sure

"He definitely won't go for the King George. Obviously he had to travel and the track is a bit sharp for him round there I suppose," the County Meath trainer told At The Races.

Gordon Elliott outlining plans for next term

Back