Aintree- Sat the supporting card

Relieved to see CH get up there. Could have been a lot worse, although Ruby looks hurt.

Lovely performance from the winner who was travelling supremely all the way.

Kyber K the training performance of the season for me. They have turned this horse absolutely into a top class hurdler and whats more the "must be fresh" scenario has been completely dismissed...twice this season!!! Huge credit to connections.

Kyber K the training performance of the season for me. They have turned this horse absolutely into a top class hurdler and whats more the "must be fresh" scenario has been completely dismissed...twice this season!!! Huge credit to connections.

yep - best two wins with a run..the CH ended up being a great cobweb blower for this

Zaynar has loads of ability but I think it is likely that the more he races the more he will keep for himself.

It's quite a stretch of the imagination to label an animal a hype horse when he's won five of his eight hurdles starts - one of which being the Triumph - and never been out of the three over timber on his beaten runs, two of which placings being in a Champion Hurdle and the whatever-they-call-it-today grade 1 2m4f hurdle at Aintree, is it not?

Send him over fences, Victor - the Gold Cup beckons!!!

Zaynar has loads of ability but I think it is likely that the more he races the more he will keep for himself.

kinder words than i'd use. a typical example of a horse who people assume a step up in trip is needed because he is off the bridle early when it is nothing of the sort - he'll have a sqiggle within a year.

Perhaps the point that Aintree 2m 4f is a pretty easy get was made out here but amazing run by Petit Robin who just doesn't get 2m 4f over fences or hurdles but ran a blinder.

Great shame that Celestial Halo took such an unexpected fall as he was still going really well but KK pays another tribute to the brilliant Binocular .

if you read comments just on this thread since the race you will see what i mean SL..he is a world hurdle winner..will make a great chaser..just off the back of what is a disappointing performance..had everything in favour today and was under pressure a long way out in what was a true run race

i know 2.5 here isn't stiff..but it should have suited him and he has disappointed

i'm not knocking what he has achieved..its just he is a horse that people make excuses for and have higher hopes than he is capable of achieving..hence use of word hype

Calling him a hype horse off the back of a few comments on a racing forum is a touch much, isn't it? It certainly flatters the forum somewhat!

Besides which, how can it be an excuse saying the horse will make a great chaser, especially when I've been saying it a while now and it certainly had nothing to do with his performance today If he'd bolted in by 20l I'd still have said the same!

Back