Aintree- Sat the supporting card

had everything in favour today

You're having a laugh surely. The ground on this tight course was totally against him. Over a slightly shorter trip but at Ascot on soft ground he demolished Karabak as easily as Big Bucks has. That sort of form makes him a leading contender over 3 miles at Cheltenham.

You're having a laugh surely. The ground on this tight course was totally against him. Over a slightly shorter trip but at Ascot on soft ground he demolished Karabak as easily as Big Bucks has. That sort of form makes him a leading contender over 3 miles at Cheltenham.

think you having the laugh..he won on Good ground..over 20 ..impressive..not under pressure 4 out

you guessing at the 3 miles..so no..not having a laugh at all..stating a few facts..which don't go well with hype unfortunatley

think you need to check facts Euronymous..the Ascot race was good ground..check the time

you making excuses for the horse..based on incorrect info

Last edited:
By soft ground I of course meant softer than he ran on today. Aintree is like a dog track compared to Cheltenham or even Ascot and some horses get run off their feet. As for the guesswork so what, i've got 10s for the World Hurdle so it's not like i'm lumping on at 5/2. It's guesswork that St Nicholas Abbey will stay 12f, i'd be more inclined to call it educative reasoning.:cool:

Last edited:
I think forming strong conclusions from the Fesitvals after Cheltenham is dangerous because so many horses are over the top for the season but I do agree that it's difficult to use lack of speed as an excuse for Zaynar on his last 2 starts. He is Flat bred after all. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go in at a short price about him in future, and I've been one of his stronger supporters throughout the winter.

Excellent shout EC on Khyber Kim. Some price about the form pick!

The course and ground were totally against Somersby on Thursday. Sizing Europe easily the best Novice chaser we've seen this season.

He might be in your opinion. If you take a direct line through Osana he is some way off being the best let alone 'easily the best'.

I can't see how a run before the CH would have helped KK - he was spot on that day just beaten by a better horse .

He might be in your opinion. If you take a direct line through Osana he is some way off being the best let alone 'easily the best'.

exactly. Tataniano jumped fences quicker and lower than any other horse I've seen this season - a prototype 2 mile chaser.

I can't see how a run before the CH would have helped KK - he was spot on that day just beaten by a better horse .

how do you know he was spot on?

his first run was bettered by some way when he beat Celestial earlier in season..so its not hard to belive his run in the CH was short of best.

how do you know he was spot on?

his first run was bettered by some way when he beat Celestial earlier in season..so its not hard to belive his run in the CH was short of best.

They had the option of running in the Totesport handicap at Newbury but decided against it - they also had any number of other options if they felt he needed a prep run.

I doubt he improved today on his Cheltenham effort - he only needed to reproduce it to be an easy winner and he did.

there is no proof either way..but ...a 3 month break versus a few weeks is a no brainer for most horses..a current run is more important than the lack of one...unless there is any evidence he was 100% at Cheltenham ..it doesn't jump out at me anyway.

what evidence is there he was 100%?

Last edited:
using form lines it could be argued KK has run better today than Cheltenham

Using Zaynar..who needs further than 2 miles in most people's opinion..who must have run better today over further than he did in the champion hurdle..but has been beaten further by KK even though todays conditions should have seen him get considerably closer to KK..in fact according to themarket..beat him...so KK must have run better today than he did in Champion..he beat Z 6 at Chelt..but beats him 8 today..over todays trip ...so its fair to say that KK has improved by 2 lengths + the fact that Z was better suited to this than Cheltenham

He would have been a lot closer if not hampered at the last. And he was being scrubbed along from further out than at Cheltenham as well. I think he's run worse.

Last edited:
but he should beat KK ..or be very near him..surely over this more favoured trip..so it could be argued KK has run 6 or 7 lengths better than he did in the CH..too maintain and better the beating

given KKs running style he could not show his form in a handicap off 143

is there any evidence he couldn't..don't hold up horses win by many lengths?

its still one hell of a step up winning a handicap off 143 then beating one of the best hurdlers around.

Last edited:
Back