Aintree Thursday

God what a terrifying moment - and he looks hurt... poor Sam!
Just hope the horse is OK. Don't think Sam did anything wrong... he had to push hard

Last edited:
Sadly Mel In Blue looks to have died in the Foxhunters. Landed on his neck and trampled by about 4 horses. RIP

Yes it does look to be riding good but no worse than that. 20* of 29 finished
Sad about Mel In Blue, had no chance and was out of its class.

I got the winner - great ride from Tom Greenall - and still have a good few lines going in the PP...

*20 corrected from 21

Last edited:
RIP Mel In Blue :(

No idea what Codd was doing on Agus A Vic - you can count on one hand the number of horses who come from off the pace over the big fences.

Yes it does look to be riding good but no worse than that. 20* of 29 finished
Sad about Mel In Blue, had no chance and was out of its class.

I got the winner - great ride from Tom Greenall - and still have a good few lines going in the PP...

*20 corrected from 21

Error

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to this meeting. The quality of the racing is excellent and it's usually a profitable meeting for me.

It began very well. I thoroughly enjoyed the first race. Mighty Man ran a stormer at his favourite course, which was great to see. As for Big Buck's, I'm starting to love this horse. It made me smile to see those ears pricked as soon as he hit the front. He's special, all right.

Walkon was a joy to watch.

Denman, sadly, was never at the races today. I don't think it was the course or the ground. He needed a rest, and he deserves one. But at least he's still with us.

I'll miss Exotic Dancer. He was a very good horse, unlucky to come up against Kauto. I know some say he still couldn't take advantage of Kauto's mistake in the Betfair Chase this season, but still, I think he gave his all when he ran. His record did him credit.

RIP.

I was really looking forward to this meeting. The quality of the racing is excellent and it's usually a profitable meeting for me.

It began very well. I thoroughly enjoyed the first race. Mighty Man ran a stormer at his favourite course, which was great to see. As for Big Buck's, I'm starting to love this horse. It made me smile to see those ears pricked as soon as he hit the front. He's special, all right.

Walkon was a joy to watch.

Denman, sadly, was never at the races today. I don't think it was the course or the ground. He needed a rest, and he deserves one. But at least he's still with us.

I'll miss Exotic Dancer. He was a very good horse, unlucky to come up against Kauto. I know some say he still couldn't take advantage of Kauto's mistake in the Betfair Chase this season, but still, I think he gave his all when he ran. His record did him credit.

RIP.

I can't really agree abiut the course for Denman..imo he was never happy like he wasn't at kempton..today he was fitter than then..but MDB is near on unbeatable at this type of track judged on his run at Kempton and today..he has run very fast today and still kept on at the end..some performance by MDB today

I wouldn't take anything away from the winner but Denman didn't look keen to run today. I saw as much at the start.

And for what it's worth, I think a fit and fresh Kauto could account for Madison comfortably on any track.

I don't think MDB is near unbeatable on the type of track but I do think that to be seen to full effect Denman needs undulations and soft ground, he didn't seem to want to put it all in today which might be indicative of another problem and tbh I'm not convinced we'll see the "old" Denman again :(

IS

95% of this board...and punters out there..have seriously underestimated MDB...hence the price today...which I said after Cheltenham would be very nice...

I got the derision for backing MDB at Cheltenham..its all gone quiet now though :D

you there Trackside? :p

Back