Albany Stakes

The clash with Lillie Langtry should be fascinated. Just because the American is top class, is not to say the Irish filly could be as good if not better.

Aside from a betting point of view, it should be a tremendous race to view.

the American horse will be a 140 horse Gal..if as good as todays..I doubt LL will be at that sort of level..we obviously train them for a full career..the Americans claerly do it differently

I've never seen owt like this with 2yo's before..

I for one won't be backing Aegean. She's nice but her work ain't been as good as the other fillies and I have serious doubts about her staying 6f.

Aegean
DI = 2.64
CD = 0.8

2.6 + 0.6 would be near on average for a 6f horse

Damsire Aptitude would be a help re stamina

can't see her not staying it tbh

Aegean
DI = 2.64
CD = 0.8

2.6 + 0.6 would be near on average for a 6f horse

Damsire Aptitude would be a help re stamina

can't see her not staying it tbh
She certainly promises to say further than Jealous Again. The main worry is a wide draw.

that may be influenced by what happens with the other one tomorrow Gal

it also depends on how many people latch on to how good the winner today was...many won't want to accept a 2yo can be that good..so will stick to the home horses

the Albany is starting to look my favourite race to watch

If Aegean is better than Jealous then I think there will be some head scratching on Friday when our apparently top ...ish..2yos get hammered again

we can't compete 2yo wise with this sort of thing this early in the year..imo

At the moment I'd suggest a top price of 11/10 Aegean, if Yogaroo goes in in the Norfolk IMHO you'll be looking at 8/11 about her

It all depends on when they price up Rory - I doubt they'll price up the Albany prior to the Norfolk. The two races that Ward has won thus far have come after the early prices for the next days racing have been released hence the official move from the EP's to shows of 16's into 13/2 for Jealous Again (the actual move would be more like 12's into 13/2) and similarly Yogaroo was as big as 8/1 prior to JA's success when some firms went 4's, 7/2 etc.

Won't see anything similar tommorow IMHO since firms won't be up - if Yogaroo is beaten you'll likely be right about the 11/8 but if he wins then I can't see there being any odds-against about the filly in the Albany.

Will be over bet this horse on account of what happened yesterday and possibly today. Cant blame people cos i almost fell off my chair watching jealous again do that, however I think (i cant believe i'm saying this and trusting the boys in blue) but Sweet Sonnet may be an each way bet to nothing currently 17/1 betfair. After seeing what she did on debut she could turn out to be a monster herself.

Promising she may be, particularly in light of her stablemate's exploits already this week, but you're surely getting way ahead of yourself here!

horse is better than Jealous..who has run a 118 figure Track...none of our 2yo's will be running 118's til Sptember/October..and even then..there will be maybe only 1 or 2

horse is better than Jealous..who has run a 118 figure Track...none of our 2yo's will be running 118's til Sptember/October..and even then..there will be maybe only 1 or 2

I love the way everyone is saying that. I agree she beat her last time over 5f, but Jealous Again has been showing her heels on the gallops which means she acclimatised very well and best of her yards horses. She also could have improved. Just because Jealous Again won in a canter yesterday does not mean for one minute Aegean will win. For me she may win as it looks weaker than the Queen Mary but I for one have not seen anything in her which would make me want to back her.

Stating she will be better than 118, is something I wouldn't be expecting. The best ran yesterday and Friday's performance win, lose or draw I'm sure will confirm that.

One swallow won't make a summer as well, just because she beat her on home soil once, does not mean it will happen again.

Flame

you are confusing me..do you not base lots of your bets on horse A beating horse B on gallops..horse B goes to races and wins...so you then fancy A when that runs?

you seem to be going against the gallops watching ethos here

i know nothing is that clear cut..but most info is based on A beating B on gallops

Flame

you are confusing me..do you not base lots of your bets on horse A beating horse B on gallops..horse B goes to races and wins...so you then fancy A when that runs?

i know nothing is that clear cut..but most info is based on A beating B on gallops

Sometimes yes that can be taken or looking at the horses in each gallop and how far they have worked over and so forth. My point is Aegean didn't beat Jealous Again in the gallop, she was trounced. Then in the 2nd piece of work, the one who could run at Newmarket in 2 weeks kicked clear of her and she was behind the runner in the Norfolk.

I do not rate Aegean and have seen nothing in a gallop to rate her.

I accept she beat Jealous Again last time out, but I don't for one minute think Jealous Again ran anywhere near her potential there. She came over 3 - 4 weeks ago and in three gallops has seriously kicked arse. The only one the gallop watchers liked was her although Strike That Tiger had please as well. The one at Newmarket which could run would be as good as Jealous Again. I'm not gonna saw how far Jealous Again won her gallop but if Aegean was in the Queen Mary I don't think she would have won.

All being well that's my opinion, and good luck in your bet. But if you're basing your bet on Jealous Again I suggest you think again. Loads of people mug bet the one today which hadn't impressed at home, and I say the same about the one tomorrow with the same air of caution.

Flame

I wouldn't normally back A though having missed B, I would have had to rate B a bet to be convinced A was a bet. Sometimes a horse can come last in a gallop and rate the bet from the group, but sometimes you look at a gallop and see one horse dot through the gallop in impressive style, I would follow that yes if those in behind look useful, but in the case of Aegean she did not strike me for a second as a bet, regardless of how easy the filly won yesterday. I said yesterday and I'll say today, the one yesterday was the one to bet, and by no way is the one who runs tomorrow a bet for me. Will be too short and is beatable.

If it wins fair do's but I would question the remainder of the field to be honest, as I don't rate her in the same league as the Queen Mary winner.

Back