Albany Stakes

Honor In Peace is nice enough (the one who runs tommorow) - i took 40's the Coventry so here's hoping he doesn't take after his stablemates in terms of early dash, from what I've been told by those in the US he's a different type to them but you never know.

Grand Times should be the one for the July Stakes Flame - he's a nice enough horse and a recent winner in Florida (the fillies and Yogaroo are Kentucky winners).

Didn't think the colt you're referring to travelled over but will
Aegean let it get to her a bit at the start which surprises me given she ran at Churchill on Oaks night - there'll have been more cameras, press, stablestaff there than at Ascot today.

Was Honour In Peace, didn't notice he was running tomorrow. He worked well 3 weeks ago, but pulled up coughing after the serious gallops on the 10th June. With that I thought he would bypass Ascot and knew The July Stakes was mentioned. The cough would worry me tomorrow knowing that, however could have just got some mud in his mouth I suppose. He worked smartly in his gallops with a 2yo of another trainers and a 90 odd rated 6f horse of a leading trainers, he went very well, but pulling up coughing was the worry. Clearly he is fine now. Thanks for the heads up, hadn't noticed him in the Chesham. Was told when he missed the Coventry because of the cough, they were likely to wait until the July Stakes.

Interesting to read the various comments here after the race-I place laid Aegean for the balance of my betfair account at 1.75-I thought it was incredibly short in a 22 runner race for a horse not proven on turf.

Lillie Langtry running tonight in the Debutante Stakes at Leopardstown - a trail for the Moyglare. Up against stablemates Famous, Devoted To You and others including Elusive Galaxy.

The Ballydoyle 2yo fillies have been very impressive this season, and I'll be very surprised if one of their entrants doesn't win this. It wouldn't really surprise me if they had a 1-2-3 in this one.

Lovely win from Lillie Langtry....expect a huge performance from her in the Moyglare. Today was a typical O'Brien job......bring a horse back from a break for a prep race for a big target. Fit enough to let her class shine through but to come on in leaps and bounds for her next big run. She'll destroy them in the Moyglare.

After her last win Brittain was pretty certain they would be going for the Moyglare - I think it is a similar route to Pebbles and Sayedatti which shows the regard in which he holds her.

Lovely win from Lillie Langtry....expect a huge performance from her in the Moyglare. Today was a typical O'Brien job......bring a horse back from a break for a prep race for a big target. Fit enough to let her class shine through but to come on in leaps and bounds for her next big run. She'll destroy them in the Moyglare.

She couldn't beat the Dunlop filly at Ascot who doesn't look all that special - what makes you think she has come on so much that she will 'destroy' the field in the Moyglare?

She couldn't beat the Dunlop filly at Ascot who doesn't look all that special - what makes you think she has come on so much that she will 'destroy' the field in the Moyglare?

Plenty of future champions from Ballydoyle have been beaten at Ascot and gone on to be top class horses. I said at the time that LL looked to be going a stride to fast from the off at Ascot over 6 furlongs on fast ground. I think Lillie Langtry has prospects of being the best filly miler Ballydoyle have had - not that that is saying that much - but I think she will prove to be their best by some way.

Fair enough, nothing wrong with a bullish opinion! It would be saying a reasonable amount ... better than several Guineas winners?

Fair enough, nothing wrong with a bullish opinion! It would be saying a reasonable amount ... better than several Guineas winners?

I think she is well up to winning a Guineas....granted normal improvement. But let's get by the Moyglare first of all!

On that point, I wonder how Halfway to Heaven would have fared this year, and also, whilst I respect your opinion about Lillie Langtry, she will do well to end up a triple group 1 winner at 3.

Back