Arc trials Longchamp

I reckon he'd challenge the filly for favouritism if he runs given his seeming endless popularity with "punters".

He's almost worth backing at 7s as a trading bet if nothing else. Already a lot shorter on Betfair for shirt buttons.

Euro,
He was struck into quite badly and as a consequence ran sideways for the last furlong and a bit!

What Hamm said Euro.

I thought Workforce ran two very good races at Sandown over an inadequate trip as well this year so I wouldn't say he was in that much worse form this year. There were also a lot of doubts about his participation last year IIRC but this year they seem confident of him lining up.

He was always a horse that was going to improve with age given his size so I would not be surprised if he followed up. Big fields suit Workforce as well. His record screams that at you.

Fair point re his love of a big field and I don't dismiss the horse as readily as I do SYT but like Hurricane Run in his follow up year I just think he's an animal who excuses are being made for. He's about the right price.

Based on his form and crucially the way he runs I'd lay him at 10s if I was a bookie. The race is all wrong for him - he gets a lead and hangs on and that will not work in an Arc.

That's not what happened in the Eclipse, which is really the only time he's been asked to run down a horse this season. He's clearly capable of doing that, and relatively comfortably too. The trip might be an issue, but I don't see anything to suggest he shouldn't get it. His form is, as I've pointed out before, ultra-consistent and high class.

I'm not sure we're going to get a big field this year though. I think there will be an absolute maximum of 14 runners providing everything that needs supplementing is supplemented etc. looking on Oddschecker/Betfair.

Another positive for the Sarafina fans!

Think this is the most appropriate thread to put this on but Christophe Soumillon has been banned for 15 days after an incident in the concluding Handicap at Longchamp on Sunday that resulted in the fall of a rival - Soumillon was riding the eventual "winner" Glasshoughton. He's banned from 26th September to 10th October and so misses Arc weekend.

Back