Are You A Compulsive Gambler?

I'm not sure about the general honesty in this forum?

Anyone who has nipped out from work to watch a race has an automatic point from question 1.

Is gambling affecting your reputation? If you follow horse racing, whether you gamble or not, part of your reputation is that you are a gambler. Brian, I can assure you you have a reputation as a gambler.

Originally posted by Melendez@May 25 2006, 08:40 AM
Anyone who has nipped out from work to watch a race has an automatic point from question 1.
Or sat on a racing forum trying to pick up information which may later be used for the purpose of gambling (whilst they are supposed to be working).

Originally posted by Melendez@May 25 2006, 09:40 AM
Is gambling affecting your reputation? If you follow horse racing, whether you gamble or not, part of your reputation is that you are a gambler. Brian, I can assure you you have a reputation as a gambler.
The word "adversely" is implied.

I don't think most of us understand the meaning of remorse. I also agree with Ted ~ I could have got 20 if I really tried :D :o

Given that it is an unlikely scenario, but my guess is that if you produced your betting accounts at a job interview for a Securicor van driver position, you would be unsuccessful in your application.

If you produced your stock portfolio you would perform slightly better.

I've done it again, and if I answer what I'm like now, I score about 8.
If I go back to what I was like when I was 20, I score about 18.

Here's the definition of a compulsive gambler.

At a funeral of a betting shop pal, Joe and Des are listening to the homily.

"Our brother Jack isn't dead" said the priest "but only sleeping"

Joe turns to Des and says:

"A fiver says he never wakes up!"

Originally posted by Melendez@May 25 2006, 10:20 AM
Given that it is an unlikely scenario, but my guess is that if you produced your betting accounts at a job interview for a Securicor van driver position, you would be unsuccessful in your application.

If I did that they'd wonder why I wanted the job - or any other one!

Originally posted by Melendez@May 25 2006, 09:40 AM
But what if you're working in a bookies in the first place? I can't nip out to watch a race, I'm already there. It doesn't affect my work, infact I'd say it aids it :D

Back