Arise Sir Henry

trudij

Senior Jockey
Can't do a link cos I'm on my phone, but just had mail from the racing post - Henry Cecil has a knighthood in the Queen's birthday honours list.

Congrats Henry !!!!!!

Regardless of people's feelings about honours lists, this is one knighthood that's well overdue. That must really put the top hat on things for him. Assume it's for 'services to horseracing'??

The greatest trainer of his generation, -only 20 years late, but better late than never I suppose... legend, and let us hope for many more Bosras, Skimmers and Frankels...

This is so well-deserved, I am delighted for Sir Henry. I had the pleasure of being shown round Warren Place earlier this year and he couldn't have been more patient and tolerant of my stupid questions. A true gentleman.

His comeback over the last few seasons, despite his ill health, has been wonderful to watch.

The whole thing put in perspective though when you hear that Bruce Forsyth is now SIR Bruce Forsyth.

Would you want to be a member of the same club as SIR Brucie?

The whole thing put in perspective though when you hear that Bruce Forsyth is now SIR Bruce Forsyth.

He does do a lot of work for the Variety Club, Colin. Maybe the private man is different from the rather irritating one that we see on TV.

I've got to disagree with you Colin - I saw Brucie live in his own show on stage in the 70's and I went along thinking I wasn't going to enjoy it but he was excellent entertainment and he was multi talented with it. I also went along to see the tv show The Generation Game and in between takes he had all the audience in stitches. His problem is he stuck around too long and it's not been good for his image.

Back