Arlington Million Saturday

Maurlakana won the Beverley D? Would love to know how much you'd have made backing ex-French fillies and mares in restricted turf Grade 1s in North America over the last few years.

Not anymore...

I will be interested to hear if O'Brien is there, and if so if any of the reporters ask him about Archipenkos progress,particularly if it wins!

He doesn't usually go out except for the Breeders Cup, I thought? I have visions of him relying on Matt Chapman's commentary.

What other sport would put up with someone like Chapman. I do not mind him most of the time, but his commentaries tonight have been a joke. Is there any other sport around that would allow for that to be put forward as a serious broadcast?

Nice pace all the way ....perfect trip for Mount Nelson ... Archipenko vey unlucky as he got stuck behind Spirit One with Mount Nelson on the outside.

Murtagh knew Archipenko was the most dangerous horse in the race and kept him in, nothing wrong with that, it is racing. As it turns out MN wasn't as good as the winner, who just got on with his job.

I agree Galileo. Hard Luck on De Kock but it relects badly on him blaming J. Murtagh for the defeat IMO. Expecting JM to take a pull, drop back and wave Arhcipenko through is unrealistic I think! Mount Nelson was in with a shout when Archipenko needed room.

Murtagh did what he should,
Archipenko jockey being caught, I thought before the race was a possibility but it extrenged being the pace of the race fast.

Archipenko looks the best horse here but I dont think he was at his best yesterdat.

About chapman
It almost cause im the race a heart stopping.

Imagine Secretariat and Seabiscuit approaching the finishing line together.
Imagine Tom Durkin commentating on the finish.
Imagine Chapman doing a bad impression.
Imagine Chapman doing that for the whole 10f, so that you had no idea when the finish was coming.

Slightly reminiscent of what Kinane did to Murtagh in Proclamation's Sussex Stakes.

Great ride on the winner, really. Archipenko didn't have the turn of foot he needed.

Back