Arlington Saturday

Really? I think he should handle it, but I'm not sure he'll relish it. If I was looking to take him on, I'd be happy to see the storms.

I could not understand what Willoughby and McNae were going on about - apart from the Irish Champion where the ground was softer than the good ,he won on very soft ground as a 2 year old and hacked up in the Tyros on yielding to soft .

I could not understand what Willoughby and McNae were going on about - apart from the Irish Champion where the ground was softer than the good ,he won on very soft ground as a 2 year old and hacked up in the Tyros on yielding to soft .

When it comes to the ground preferences of older Group 1 horses, I tend to avoid giving too much weight to their apparent preferences as a 2yo, particularly below Group 1 level, when they may well have simply been outclassing their opposition. I think it remains to be seen whether Cape Blanco relishes soft ground.

Think he had 17 by this stage in 2008.

I think he also won 23 in 2001, but had only 11 by this stage - his 2yos were sensational that year (Johannesburg, Rock of Gibraltar, Hawk Wing, High Chaparral...)

I'll be surprised if Treasure Beach doesn't end up standing at Ashford.

Caulfield makes a convincing argument for his position at Ashford in today's TDN. His insightful view of the possibility of over-saturation with Gaileo sons at stud in the coming years is worth noting (14 of Galileo's 20 group 1 winners are colts).

Back