Arlington Saturday

Supposed to be 9:52 for the Secretariat, 10:33 for the Beverley D and 11:15 for the Million. RUK are showing it from 9.

I don't have RUK, and Betfair video doesn't have the Arlington races. Is there any other way of viewing them?

Thanks Gareth. I'm in Salou and have just collapsed from walking around trying to find a bar showing the golf. Oh to be home in Dublin....

Just my opinion, but Cape Blanco isn't "absolutely top class" at any distance, though he's probably better at further than 10f.
He did manage to grind out a win in the Irish Champion, against a RVW who was incommoded by the softening ground and an out of sorts Twice Over, but this is a furlong shorter than his Belmont win, and over a much sharper track.
Confident lay, if I did such things.

Can't believe Treasure Beach will be quick enough over this trip either, and Banned - who posted a seriously good 10f time lto, ought to have too much toe for him.

My mates at the track and said connections of Willcox Inn are really sweet on his chances.

Treasure Beach given a good positive ride just off Ziyarid all the way around and got on top of him in the last half furlong. Nicely done.

I'm slightly surprised Treasure Beach isn't odds on. I suppose he would have been but for the Longchamp run.

I thought he was an absolute steal at 2.8 and bigger-had a little bit more on then I was planning to do.Glad for Colm -second big International winner for him in the last year.

Zayarid the only horse not on Lasix .

Stacelita back in style - but surely Euro trainers missed a trick in not running a good filly in this .

Cape Blanco will surely relish the yielding ground and I think he should win comfortably

Easy win for Cape Blanco. Spencer happy to lob along in fourth and then make a big move around the front three as they entered the home turn.

Very happy here - I can see TB standing in USA, no son of Galileo at Ashford currently and he holds a BC entry. His Mark of Esteem damline might be a bit off putting American breeders though. Not so sure on CB standing in the USA.

It's terrible to be a smartarse -can't believe I laid Cape Blanco-I thought 2.44 was very short.

Ditto, Luke - though the change in the ground undoubtedly played its part.
Seems the 'go from the gun' style of US racing suits Cape Blanco well, though I'd still oppose him in either of the forthcoming Champions.

I think Cape Blanco should keep going for these big international races.It's not hard to see him ending up in Dubai for the carnival.

Given Cape Blanco's part sale to the Hays, rather like Fame And Glory. I suspect he'll be racing for a couple more seasons yet.

Last edited:
Back