Arse Cup

Cattermole sniggering after asking Deirdre Johnson, standing next to Mark, whether she 'rode this chap at home' - referring to the horse, of course. DJ got the double entendre, MJ either didn't or refused to appear to get it.

Why do the RP persist in putting these Mark Winstanley videos up on RPTV? He's beyond dreadful.

The panels are embarrassing too, Pyman is ok but he has the charisma of a table and the rest are just total mug punters tipping favourites with no knowledge of price or value. Used to be class when they had Segal and Willoughby discussing races on there.

Pyman like you said is ok. Rodway isn't too bad either. They had a woman on from Hills I think during Royal Ascot who was beyond terrible - made Wally Pyrah seem like a shrewdy.

R. Loughran on ALICEANEILEEN in the hurdle at Naas just now (where one SU on the bend and BD SINBINNED). Bastard of the Week Award for 13-14 slashes behind from the last hurdle to the post - came 2nd. If he doesn't get a whip ban, I'll count the stewards at Naas as approving of animal cruelty. Tosser.

Pyman like you said is ok. Rodway isn't too bad either. They had a woman on from Hills I think during Royal Ascot who was beyond terrible - made Wally Pyrah seem like a shrewdy.

Pyman is good, think Rodway is dreadful. Appears all you have to do is work for the RP and your an expert!

In the light of the above I'm beginning to see why Weekender readers voted the Chaparse as the best racing broadcaster.

Grasshopper..............for somehow managing to lose his wallet on the train this morning. I was supposed to be travelling to Kings Cross, and had to bail before the bastard even left the platform.

Useless twat that I am.

No-one would dare, Songsheet. :ninja:

Got a call from the train 20 minutes ago. They have found my wallet, and I've to collect at Kings Cross lost-and-found later today. Every red cent in the wallet was intact, apparently..............or is so far, at any rate. :whistle:

My spirit is bouyed, but I'm still an arse. :mad:

No-one would dare, Songsheet. :ninja:

Got a call from the train 20 minutes ago. They have found my wallet, and I've to collect at Kings Cross lost-and-found later today. Every red cent in the wallet was intact, apparently..............or is so far, at any rate. :whistle:

My spirit is bouyed, but I'm still an arse. :mad:

so all 3/6d was still there?

and the picture of Stanley Matthews? :blink:

crikey
:)

Last edited:
The jobsworths at Thirsk today who decided that as I didn't wear a tie I couldn't get in the club enclosure, (was wearing a collared shirt and trousers) and yet let ppl in wearing jeans just because they wore a tie.

But the best bit is I was ok to view races from the O & T viewing section (we had Frank in the last) which is part of one of the stands in the enclosure!!

What a load of beaulox.

Bang off a Yours Disgusted to Racing for Change, ATR, RUK, the RP and the ROA, Mins! It's a load of tomfoolery - RfC's panel ought to get out and walk around a few cosmopolitan towns and see what the real public wears to go to pubs, bistros, and clubs - good behaviour is far more important than fussing about collared shirts and ties, ffs! Honest to God, I despair of British racing ever fitting in with the times and modes.

Lingfield's management tried a few years ago to inflict a 'no denims' policy on the entire population, until we pointed out that we'd let in women wearing very smart, tailored denim trouser suits. We then had a younger owner arrive in rips, and what, pray tell, were we going to say to him? "Gee, thanks for running your horse here today. You won't be allowed in to see him run, but cheers for the entry!" We overrode the edict with commonsense and the signs went off to the skip within a couple of weeks.

The jobsworths at Thirsk today who decided that as I didn't wear a tie I couldn't get in the club enclosure, (was wearing a collared shirt and trousers) and yet let ppl in wearing jeans just because they wore a tie.

But the best bit is I was ok to view races from the O & T viewing section (we had Frank in the last) which is part of one of the stands in the enclosure!!

What a load of beaulox.

The place should be bombed, it's a total hole ran by little Hitlers. When we ran Brut, we had to have a military operation to get into the parade ring and were crossed off a little register one by one. The other weekend, I just waltzed into the paddock unchecked at Deauville before the Marois and didn't even have a runner, obviously!

The dress code has been mentioned before a few times in the media but they seem unwilling to back down. I'm amazed they don't dunk local women to test if they're witches in between the races.

I would be raging too, Arkers - did you ask to see the Course Manager. As an Owner - one of the people who actually keep them in business - they should have been falling over themselves to accommodate you and, if nothing else, have a few old ties behind the bar to give to those who ha forgotten to wear one. If As cot can do that on an 'ordinary' day's racing (Phil forgot his once when we were there as guests of a trainer), then so can a poxy course like Thirsk.

Letter to the RP, Telegraph, Times etc etc, I think!!

When we ran Brut, we had to have a military operation to get into the parade ring and were crossed off a little register one by one. The other weekend, I just waltzed into the paddock unchecked at Deauville before the Marois and didn't even have a runner, obviously!

Non-owners waltzing into paddocks unchecked might explain some racecourses adopting a register system to prevent it happening.

Was at Windsor tonight and the course has chaps inspecting badges before people enter the parade ring, but very few do it stringently - I won't say which, but one or two don't even have parade ring gatemen and sometimes not even marshals, leaving that up to the Clerk of the Course to do. I was aghast to find a child rushing into the winners' circle at Brighton some meetings back, snapping photos of the winner within a few feet of him. There was no-one on the little open entrance and the PRM was staring at horses coming into the ring, not noticing the youngster only feet away from a fizzy horse. We did find out he wasn't connected to the owners, and had him leave. There are a lot of positions which aren't supposed to be jobsworthy, but there for safety reasons. Eventually, the bureaucracy bit takes over and the safety aspect seems to get lost.

Nick Lightfoot doing the round ups on RUK .

He has a very drony voice but that is not the problem - he is frequently inaccurate . Last week he described an Ahern double at Sandown including a horse that Eddie didn't ride . At Goodwood he commented on King Torus stepping up in trip from the Superlative Stakes to the Vintage Stakes and this suiting him - both races are over 7f .

Nearly as bad as Oli Bell.

And again Mark Shouty Johnson - not for his hysterical commentating this time but his endless use of Americanisms. Last week when he was presenting from Sandown he used a number of phrases that were quite unintelligible . It is bad enough when he litters his commentaries with rubbish like " under a ride " but if we have to put up with them when he is presenting as well :mad: It is a Catch 22 at least we don't have to hear him commentate - will someone at Churchill Downs please offer him a year round contract.

Graham Rodway on the RP Expert Forum talking about Twice Over - "I don't think Twice Over is a top class horse but I begining to think he is".....just awful throughout. Guy is a joke.

Back