Arse Cup

Bob Cooper talking about Dick Turpin's chance in the Prix Jean Prat 'runner-up in 2 classics and a St James's Palace, he's probably the form horse'.

If not the Cup, then at least a small silver-plated bowl to whoever CUT BLACK SPIRIT's mane and forelock - he's returned from his glorious Scoop6-busting win looking like one of the Three Stoodges, the poor boy.

Marcus Tregoning. I've often thought looking at some of the chinless wonders who seem to dominate the flat training ranks that anyone could do it.

All that time to get a horse ready for a race and he couldn't be bothered to do the odd stalls test.

Jim McGrath's commentary on the King George...he was all over the place until Harbinger skated clear. Not even he could have missed that but still dire prior to it.

He barely mentioned Harbinger until the two. He was the obvious winner as they went round the turn. I dunno who the commentator was at York but he called every race like it was the BC Classic. Annoying.

He missed Castles in the Air until the last 100 yards in the big handicap too .

The tossers the BBC employ bar Balding and Barty are an invite to turn off or turn over.

Maybe it's a cunning plan to make us all turn over/off so that they have an excuse to cut racing from its agenda completely.

He barely mentioned Harbinger until the two. He was the obvious winner as they went round the turn. I dunno who the commentator was at York but he called every race like it was the BC Classic. Annoying.

Mark Shouty Johnson who now works at Churchill Downs for 3 months of the year . Please take the buffoon for 12 America !!!

His commentaries are not merely hysterical but are littered with preposterous US cliches he has picked up like " under a ride " . If it is a small field when he is commentating I mute the volume.

An underrated commentator I think is Tony Ennis - accurate without being overexcited .

Hopefully one of those 'bugles' will be strategically placed where it hurts at the end of racing at Ponty today.

Last edited:
I like Mark Johnson's commentaries. I think they're aimed at the people in the stands rather than those at home watching on TV.

Jim McGrath is so bad he is amusing, and can at least provide exciting commentaries (sts eclipse and arc) - Johnson is awful and ruins the enjoyment of a race for me..

Just caught the Sussex on C4 and have to say that the outfits the female presenters were wearing were pretty dire... either budget cutting is at work or all three of them have no taste whatsoever.

Boylesports for having the gall to feed Steve Mellish a quote of 12's about Hannon training the first two in next year's Guineas. A quote so ludicrous has Leon Blanche's fingerprints all over it.

Back