Arse Cup

Pathetic, knocking people who backed the winner now!

The mare is awesome but concentrate on the winner rather than moaning about doing your money.

So she was just unlucky and beaten by a better horse? Come on. get off the fence. It is the worst ride I have ever seen.

The horse did not go a yard...at the time they said he should have been riding her he bloody was!!! He was shaking her up before the first turn.

The most horrible part of the ride was his whipping in the final furlong.

I think the jockey is getting what he deserves. I would like to hear what the US commentators views are.

The horse did not go a yard...at the time they said he should have been riding her he bloody was!!! He was shaking her up before the first turn.

The most horrible part of the ride was his whipping in the final furlong.

The whip use was horrendous.

I see worse rides every day to be honest, Spencer rides 80% of his mounts like that!

A revolting sight - I assume that, having leisurely decided to take off a pair of his goggles coming into the straight, he could then see how far in front the leaders were, and panicked. It certainly looked like desperation and he ought to get a whip ban, but I'm not sure that the Yanks worry too much about their horses getting skinned.

Utter crap from Chaparse she was close enough to the winner 3 out .

The misuse of the whip was obscene

Sure, she was close enough, but she'd had to make up more than she'd ever had to before, probably at a speed she'd had to kick in much earlier than her usual late close in the stretch run (she says, in Americanese). Perhaps Smith doddering around with a switch to the outer (as usual, same-oh, same-oh, can't think out of the box, etc.) instead of just following through behind BLAME didn't help her, either. Whatever, Smith should be sent back to jockey school - but not before he gets 10 stripes of his own whip.

I wonder will ATR ever give such a review of a ride to one of the UK or Irish based top jocks back over here. Usually only kept for the visiting French!

Oh dear Galileo I thought you could tell the difference between a race run at a breakneck pace and a crawl.

Re following through BLAME: true, he did zip off the turn very fast, and had had the benefit of the rail (ridden by a sensible jockey!). We'll never know now, but I see in the RP online Smith has burst into tears and blamed himself for her defeat. Comments column (inc me) full of anger about him whipping her like that, the little runt.

Back