Arse Cup

Followed it up with some of the crowd cheering enthustiastically as they pass the stands. They don't realise there is another circuit to go. Honestly.....

I have no problem with that as it's just a day out for most of them. One of the ladies I went with yesterday asked me before every race if this one would be over the big fences.

There is no excuse for Parrot and Wiltshire not knowing why Burton Port drifted before the last race. He went to post too buzzy and i'm after timing here but I placed laid him on that basis.

Aussie Jim - describing Tataniano's performance as " quite exciting " what an arse !

Best bit when Ginger was being interviewed by Twitman

Pitman: People have complained we have only showed the 1977 win but it was the third

McCain: shame they didn't show the 1973 race and they would have seen what a bloody bad jockey you were !:lol:

Last edited:
She is meant to be a 'fashion icon', black dresses are classic fashion peices which have remained timeless through the years. Colour does not always mean better or less boring, black is always classic and always has been.
No matter how much money one aquires, especially from marrying a football player, it will not buy them class, style nor intelligence.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of WAGS if that isn't evident, she makes money for know reason and plays off a 'dumb' image, her make up was a mess for the use of trollop.

I don't know what to make of Ladies Day. On the one hand people are applauding the massive crowd but sneering at the thinly attired but heavily made-up ladies. For me on Friday the most attractive woman on view was the girl leading up Albertas Run and she obviously wasn't dressed up at all. The moral probably being you can't make something out of nothing.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it appears that for many young women (she says, sounding like Great Aunt Bessie!), racing equates to clubwear. What you'd wear for a night out on the tequila shooters isn't right for a racecourse. Having said that, I've been fairly appalled by the mish-mash of clothing worn by women of any age on any Ladies' Day. Best thing is tailored style - smart, not flash. Or a beautiful trouser suit by someone like Gina Bacconi. It's not a cocktail party, it's not a formal ball - leave the glitter and the long frocks at home for those occasions. Neat hats if it's windy, big picture hats if it's not. Nothing needs to cost a fortune, either - trendy accessories update even an older dress or suit.

(For further hints, send for my brochure, £4.99 inc. p&p) :lol:

Dont really care about her either way (though she always seems like a nice lass when you see her interviewed) but I do know that Colleen Rooney is a very rich lady in her own right - and I think if you take all her earnings,from the magazines/tv and her other things shes at least on a par with Wayne.... hardly the typical parasitic WAG....

Agree with you Kri - theres a big difference between being well dressed and how the majority of the "ladies" attend... still, each to their own !!! :)

(oh - and yes - Albertas Run's lass (whose name I do know,but completely escapes me at the moment!) is stunningly beautuiful. )

Last edited:
There are some cracking-looking young women associated with racing these days - the fabulous Irish lass now fronting some bookie, lots of the stable staff, and many of the riders. If Racing for Change wants to portray bright young people working in racing, they could do a lot worse than have these young women appear in any promotions. Not ancient old trainers who've had to be taken off the top shelf and dusted-down, not ex-jockeys now old enough to be their gramps! This is the problem with interviewers like Pitman - he can only relate to people his age, or (gulp!) even older. If we're trying to attract young people to enjoy racing more than once a year, get into ownership, etc., then for feck's sake let's see some young, bright, attractive men and women fronting the darn programmes and getting more involved in the promotional work.

Last edited:
Have just been looking at Trace's pictures of some of the 'ladies' on 'Ladies' day - the wide variation in style and attractiveness of the ensembles is truly amazing. Some of them shouldn't have been let out the house, others look wonderful.

Eswarah, I find your comments about Coleen Rooney pretty unedifying. As Troods points out, she earns a fair whack in her own right and does anything but sponge off her husband's earnings and isn't, in fact, a typical WAG at all. She isn't a stunner, she is in fact just an ordinarily pleasant-looking girl but boy, she works her socks off to make the most of what she's been given and all credit to her for doing so.

Her style has changed a fair bit over the past few years and some of the creations she's worn have been pretty awful but it's not a crime against fecking humanity, is it ?

Jeez.......:p

It is because of her husbands fame that she has reached the position has, they are all over paid for what their 'roles' in society. If Wanye couldn't kick a ball both her and himself would have left school at 16 with only their GCSE's, you telling me she'd be presenting fashion awards at Aintree off of that?

I just hate the whole Heat Magazine culture. As I said before it is my personal opinion and I have justified my comments.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is because of her husband's position she's achieved what she has and I would agree, the cult of the celbrity has reached unacceptable levels in this country but to call her a trollop and dumb simply doesn't stack up as she's as far from both terms as you would expect to get in a WAG.

She could be sitting at home or shopping for Britain and doing sfa but she patently doesn't, even though she has made fashion her pet subject. Nothing wrong in that, as a thriving fashion industry helps the economy as much as any other.

There are so many horrible terms for women - apart from knob/dickhead for men, I can't think of the male equivalent for trollop. A trollop is a woman of loose morals, and I think it's rather strong to call someone you don't know that. So easy just to chuck insults around, unsubstantiated by any knowledge. I just hate the whole Viz culture, where you can casually insult anyone in the public eye without fear of retribution.

Wow, people blow things so out of preportion. If she was to read this would she really give a damn what I think? No, I don't think so.

Last edited:
Dont really care about her either way (though she always seems like a nice lass when you see her interviewed) but I do know that Colleen Rooney is a very rich lady in her own right - and I think if you take all her earnings,from the magazines/tv and her other things shes at least on a par with Wayne.... hardly the typical parasitic WAG....

I've no problem with either of the Rooneys, but to suggest that Colleen earns anything like what her husband does is wide of the mark, and even it it were true, it is only through her association with him that makes her a commercial entity.

A couple of years ago I was stood behind her and her friends going through the security entrance at Aintree and she could have been any typical late-teen female racegoer out to have a good time with her friends. The attack on her on this thread was, as others have suggested, unnecessary and imo innacurate.

Okay, Eswarah - you're dumb, and you're a trollop. Or, if you're a man, you're dumb and a dickhead. I bet you don't give a damn what I think, do you? Of course not. I know nothing about you, but I'll say it anyway, because you won't care.

This whole thread is full of derogatory statements backed up by little to no facts, hardly a place to take the moral high ground. I said it in frustration at the terrible programming i was watching, I am not going to be made to feel bad for that.

This whole thread is full of derogatory statements backed up by little to no facts, hardly a place to take the moral high ground. I said it in frustration at the terrible programming i was watching, I am not going to be made to feel bad for that.

Pity.

Back