AW Winter 2016/17

Nice one. Marb.

Rayzin' Hell (3.10) is too big at 8/1.Up just 2lbs for winning a good race latest, is well drawn and 7 from 14 on this surface.

Hope you did it e/w, a good second a decent odds. Any ideas on the 3:15 at Lingfield tomorrow? I like Winterlude.

Last edited:
Couldn't have Winterlude over this trip, Marb.
Eddystone Rock was a good horse in Ireland, usually ran well fresh and thrashed a decent gp3 filly on his last outing.
No idea if he's up for this, but he's probably good enough to run in the AW finals, so might be worth a look in the market.

Keystroke (7.45) looks a solid bet at Kempton.
Overcame Mythical Madness (won twice since) in a warm race at Wolves, then didn't quite last home over the stiff 1m at Newcastle (Winner won 28k race nto).
Today's turning 7f should see him comfortably back in the winner's enclosure.

Last edited:
Mystical Spirit (4.20) ran the race of his life to topple Loyalty 2 ago, but had little chance over 10f latest. Previously, he had blasted away over 1m at Kempton, covering the firs 7f in a time I estimate only 1.5secs above standard.
Looks something to bet on from his prime poggy today. 5/1 generally

Mystical Spirit (4.20) ran the race of his life to topple Loyalty 2 ago, but had little chance over 10f latest. Previously, he had blasted away over 1m at Kempton, covering the firs 7f in a time I estimate only 1.5secs above standard.
Looks something to bet on from his prime poggy today. 5/1 generally

Apologies; Pulled way too hard (& I hadn't allowed for the lengthy break previously)

Ryan Moore goes to Lingfieid today to ride Arab Spring (3.05) - a tip in itself, and, judged on the way he easily disposed of class horses in a slowly run gp3 12f race @ Kempton, this sharp 10f should hold no fears.

Last edited:
Coiltte Cailin (3.50) was 6/4 to beat better than these when thwarted by a funereal pace latest, yet is available at a juicy 4/1 this morning.
I'll have some of that.

Boom The Groom (3.45) ran too free fresh from a break latest, yet still shook up better horses than these. Back to his ideal trip, in a race with plenty of pace likely, the current 7/2 looks inviting.

Winterlude (5.10) won't mind whatever the pace, whereas most of those close in the market need a stern test. He's probably up to that,too, so worth a punt at the current 6/1

Winterlude did me a favour in January but I just feel it will be hard to keep winning these types of handicaps off top weights and alike. The bottom weight, Plutocracy, is a live danger. The cheekpieces look to be working the magic touch..

R.Forecast?

Last edited:
Shearian (3.30) is up 10lbs in grade, but had at least that in hand on his latest c/d romp. Plenty of pace on, too, which could only be a bonus.
Solid bet at the general 9/2.

Tafaakhor can show his true level now gelded in the 2.40 race, well in here and Ryan on board seals the deal

Hammer Gun (3.00 is proven on this surface, and breeding & lto form both indicate that he'll improve agsin for this stiffer test.
11/4 genrally

Last edited:
Justice Good (2.40) won a similar c/d race 3 ago off a strong pace, then ran equally as well over the wrong trip at Newcastle. Pulled too hard in a steadily run listed @ Lingfield latest, and seem priced as though that's his true form. Couldn't kick him out of first 3 today.

Back