Ballydoyle 2yo 2012

I've just realized that there are no Dylan Thomas offspring in the list. What does this mean for that lovely horse's chances of making it as a sire?

I've just realized that there are no Dylan Thomas offspring in the list. What does this mean for that lovely horse's chances of making it as a sire?

Very little - Ballydoyle seem to support the new 2yo sires each season with a crop (Duke and Henry) and then adopt a wait and see approach.

Very little - Ballydoyle seem to support the new 2yo sires each season with a crop (Duke and Henry) and then adopt a wait and see approach.

Thanks for that - still some hope then. Just maybe his first crop will blossom as 3 year olds. Such a tough horse - it would be nice if those genes carried on.

ballydoyle 2yo 2012

New to the site folks, but loving this thread, great info on the ballydoyle 2yo for this year, and if i can, i will take the dansili ex listen filly if i can.

Great comp and thx BTB - I would like to pick the first colt or filly Galileo ex Goldikova for 2014 comp please - :lol:

I'm only doing this to prevent any arguments or site overload when that comp is posted :ninja:

Duke of Marmalade ex Night Frolic

hi members,new to this,really interested in ballydoyle and the bloodstock side of things.
when are the ballydoyle 2 year olds given names,and i also noticed that a few of last year 2yo didnt run so will they run this year and what can we expect from them..

thanks ian.

Duke of Marmalade ex Night Frolic

hi members,new to this,really interested in ballydoyle and the bloodstock side of things.
when are the ballydoyle 2 year olds given names,and i also noticed that a few of last year 2yo didnt run so will they run this year and what can we expect from them..

thanks ian.

Ballyodyle 2yos are named from late February through to about the end of March - they're done in batches. 2yos who didn't run may have had setbacks or just not been 2yo types, generally they do hit the track in their second season although there will always be horses in training who never make it to a racecourse.

Ballyodyle 2yos are named from late February through to about the end of March - they're done in batches. 2yos who didn't run may have had setbacks or just not been 2yo types, generally they do hit the track in their second season although there will always be horses in training who never make it to a racecourse.

thanks guys.really looking forward to the flat season and seeing ballydoyles new 2 year olds and see how his 3 yo have progressed.

camelot and twirl who was a bit leggy on her first run are likely to be big hits.

can somebody help me.i ust wanted to know if someone has a list of coolmores own broodmares.i,e cherry hinton.just a bit of research,.

can somebody help me.i ust wanted to know if someone has a list of coolmores own broodmares.i,e cherry hinton.just a bit of research,.

As with other studs, Coolmore’s business model is to take in the mares of its customers for servicing by Coolmore stallions.

Any mares that might be associated with Coolmore (i.e. owned as racehorses by the likes of Tabor, Smith or Sue Magnier) are private.

Coolmore/John Magnier buys in prospective stallions in addition to those effectively already owned through the Ballydoyle racing operation (which are retained or sold).

All mares used for breeding must be registered. Ownership details of broodmares can be found through Weatherbys/Weatherbys Ireland.

As with other studs, Coolmore’s business model is to take in the mares of its customers for servicing by Coolmore stallions.

Any mares that might be associated with Coolmore (i.e. owned as racehorses by the likes of Tabor, Smith or Sue Magnier) are private.

Coolmore/John Magnier buys in prospective stallions in addition to those effectively already owned through the Ballydoyle racing operation (which are retained or sold).

All mares used for breeding must be registered. Ownership details of broodmares can be found through Weatherbys/Weatherbys Ireland.

thanks steve

Which is only useful if one knows the make up and partners in all the holding companies, syndicates and investment companies who are more often registered as owners.

Tower bloodstock is one of those I assume Miesque?

Pretty sure it is. I remember coming across this a couple of years ago and recognising a few of the names (Lynch Bages, Orpendale etc.) as having been listed as breeders of some of the Coolmore homebreds.

As far as I can remember all of them are registered in the Isle of Man and most - though not all - are unlimited companies.

I'm sure Miesque can put me right on this!

Last edited:
Lynch-Bages is openly noted as Paul Shannhan's breeding endevour (and named for a Bordeaux Vineyard!). The others have Coolmore associations if you look at the colours the offspring race under.

I'd love to know how many are in on the ownership of the stallions. I've always presumed McManus and a few others (Desmond perhaps) were involved fairly heavily.

As unlimited companies (pretty sure Lynch-Bages is limited incidentally) they can well below the parapet.

Back