Ballydoyle 2yos 2013

I got lucky being here at the right time!! I like to think he was karma making up for my utterly woeful codrington college (or whatever he was called) last year!! It's fun to do this I think, I certinally wouldn't take any notice of them at all without it and I find it really interesting to see which mares and stallions they link up.

Thought it might be fun to reflect on how our picks performed (or not) this year. The prize goes to trudij - well, no prize but kudos, esp. for getting in there first with Australia, or did someone pick War Command?

Mine was Mekong River, who, even though he was 3 for 3 (Winning his maiden officially after the first past the post was thrown out), only ran in nursery handicaps and achieved an RPR of 100 and an OR of 103. Not bad but a long way from stellar.

I'm really interested in jinnyj's choice Indian Maharajah. Has anyone heard anything about him subsequent to his win in an August Listed race?

Well done Troods! It bodes well for your bloodstock empire!

Indian Maharajah had entries including a Racing Post one but they took him out lateish. In hindsight not a bad idea probably - not many enjoy being pulled around on that ground. Hopefully Miesque will throw some light on them, once returned to the land of normality after the sales!

Mine runs at the BC. Irritatingly this is the third year running I've picked the second or third best rated....last year mine was second rated by one pound....this year it's three pounds lower!

Some really nice prospects there. Maybe our picking is improving!:D

Would be interesting too if we were able to have a similar look at Richard Hannon's 2yos, but not sure if anyone on here could do that and how much trouble it would be.

Back