Ballydoyle Horses 2011 Discussion and Comp

Drops, Wading, Hasten/Along... Jesusaitch. Oh, no, no-one's had that yet! (Although possibly they have in Mexico.)

Betterbetterbetter by Jude!!! Like that. Nah nah na na na nah!!!!!!! Keeping the Beatles vibe alive in that family!!!

Last edited:
Miesque, what four have you as unnamed? I have a few additional names

(Great Ruler) Proud Citizen ex Legend Maker
(Stormbound) Galileo ex A Footstep Away
(Amiens) Galileo ex Dordogne

However, I think the last is with Andre Fabre.

I have the Galileo ex Four Roses and Giant's Causeway ex Encouragement as yet unnamed.

Amiens is with Fabre. I had managed to omit Great Ruler who I had from the list above.

I'm missing names for 3;
ex Four Roses
ex Encouragement
ex Matikanehanafubuki - is now Noah Webster.

Last edited:
Cant remember posting before but have been a reader for a while. Especially this thread like the info about Ballydoyle.

That looked a nice performance from Tenth Star, Should be winning a maiden in a few weeks

It was a particularly meritorious performance in light of the fact that he was extremely coltish in the pre parade and parade ring. He had a fifth leg for a fair bit of the preliminaries!

One you might want to lump with the 2yos in terms of expectations and interest - Inner Realm (Galileo ex Offshore Boom, foaled Jun 30th 2008) a half sister to Rock of Gibraltar, Nell Gwynn and D'Articleshore who was unnamed as a 2yo.

Looking forward to seeing my pick, TAIGAN, have his first run in the first at The Curragh this afternoon. Jockey bookings suggests that he's not the stable's first string but you never know, do you?

TAIGAN ran really well to be beaten in a photo with his better-fancied stable companion, AFTER.

From the quick glimpse of the horse down at the stalls he looked as if he would come on quite a bit for the run. In the race he looked beaten and about to fade out of the race two out but the penny dropped and he kept on really well and was only passed in the last 50 metres.

Very pleased with that.:)

Back