Ballydoyle Horses 2011 Discussion and Comp

Yeah! Not only a runner but a winner, and a very promising one at that. He could be good. Sorry, Sequoyah, that I pipped you to Camelot. Hope Skyphos is almost as good!

Last edited:
I'd be happy enough if Camelot goes on to be very very good, and maybe win that elusive third Derby for AOB :)

A fair few runs by entrants since my last update. After and Tenth Star have both achieved an RPR of 99, but After's 5lb bonus for being a filly lifts jinnyj into the box seat for the prize.

RPR-------Forumite-------Horse Name
104-------jinnyj-------After
99-------Sheikh-------Tenth Star
95-------trackside528-------Apollo
91-------Grey-------Choir
86-------Gearoid-------Raphael Santi
84-------Colin Phillips-------Taigan
80-------Aragorn-------Among Equals
80-------Nefertiti-------Camelot
80-------Euronymous-------Plutorious
76-------New Approach-------Prophesy

My choice, Daddy Long Legs is out tomorrow. I'll be surprised if he is the stables first string, in that Learn has done well enough in maidens that you wouldn't bother putting him in a race as second string. If he's worse than Learn, I'm not going to win this competition either.

My basis for selecting said animal was that if they called him "daddy" he must be fairly mature. Add to that the long legs and, well, what can go wrong?

My basis for selecting said animal was that if they called him "daddy" he must be fairly mature. Add to that the long legs and, well, what can go wrong?

Only three of his legs are long, one is 4 inches shorter than the rest....Good luck though...

A fair few runs by entrants since my last update. After and Tenth Star have both achieved an RPR of 99, but After's 5lb bonus for being a filly lifts jinnyj into the box seat for the prize.

RPR-------Forumite-------Horse Name
104-------jinnyj-------After
99-------Sheikh-------Tenth Star
95-------trackside528-------Apollo
91-------Grey-------Choir
86-------Gearoid-------Raphael Santi
84-------Colin Phillips-------Taigan
80-------Aragorn-------Among Equals
80-------Nefertiti-------Camelot
80-------Euronymous-------Plutorious
76-------New Approach-------Prophesy

Bar, does this mean nobody picked Power?

RPR----Forumite----Horse Name
104----jinnyj----After
99----Sheikh----Tenth Star
95----trackside528----Apollo
92----Grey----Choir
86----Gearoid----Raphael Santi
85----Aragorn----Among Equals
84----Colin Phillips----Taigan
80----Nefertiti----Camelot
80----Euronymous----Plutorious
76----New Approach----Prophesy

Your enthusiasm is infectious.

Hamm's Requisition makes his debut in that race too.

I'm very hopeful.

Though the horse at Noseda's out of Simply Perfect didn't go great the other day, did she?

What did they pay for Simply Perfect again?

220,000 Guineas as a yearling.

The Leopardstown maiden certainly looks the hottest Irish 2yo maiden of the year so far.

Heard very positive mention at some stage for both Oxx horses and Weld's. Both look to have their work cut out to beat Learn tonight.

I'm surprised to see Miss Dylan, allowed to go off 50/1 in a six runner race on debut, currently second favourite. If she goes off second favourite I think we can safely assume none of the newcomers are fancied.

You'd expect him to win a standard maiden sometime, but Learn doesn't look anything special to me. Anything finishing behind him will need to have good reason to make abnormal improvement to be considered group class. The market seems to have decided everything else will be on the slow side tonight at any rate.

Last edited:
Surely finishing close to Learn would be very difficult for all but the most accomplished of debutants?

He posted an RPR of 98 the last day. Very few winning maidens achieve that figure.

Maybe this bet is for after the race, but I would safely predict that any horse that gets within a length of Learn on their debut is a nailed on Group performer.

Back