Barker - Arkle Chase 2009

Will need to get his jumping together today at Navan in the beginners chase. It would be disppointing if he does not get his act together over fences, a sphere he is built to excel at.

Horribly disappointing. What more can you say. I'll keep the faith that he'll come good in the Spring, although probably in a big handicap - not an Arkle.

Turns out there's a bit more to this than meets the eye.......strange times we are living in, folks!

Yes tell us more Bobbyjo LOL!
Would there be any chance he'd go back over hurdles? - that would be my thought if he were mine but the race record obviously is not telling the whole story...

Well Bobbyjo....at least he did win a race Cheltenham week...just not the Arkle!! Looks a decent prospect again over 2m4f plus.

Just be careful that the owner doesn't try and retire him again if he is unsuccessful in his next race!!!! Was far more impressive the last day than today...

Doh! :o I just had this REAL bad feeling I'd heard of this horse before .... saly I did not figure out from where .... nice win though. Connections looked mightily pleased.

Barry Geraghty didn't make any real excuses for PADY, just said he wasn't firing over even the first two, and that he felt the ground was too sticky for him. I got the feeling he hadn't pushed the dear horse too much, and that he might even have been a weeny bit surprised he did that well, all things considered. BARKER finished looking fresh as a daisy, to rub salt in!

Back