BBC and it's wiley ways.

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
How unreal is this. The BBC, who are basically fucking racing up the wrong 'un actually delaying the start of one of their flagship programmes for qualifying for a car race - not even the race itself. What kind of retards are in charge these days?

I'm not a happy bunny either about it! FFS can't they handle a little rain?

The appeal of formula one is completely beyond me. Run by nazis and noisy, dirty, tacky drivel rubbish for simpletons who find football a bit complicated

It is almost sick that they spent £200m of the sporting budget on a non "sport" in the first place. If there was ever a case for scrapping the licenec fee this is it. I strongly object to my money going into ecclestons pockets

Last edited:
Remember how quick they were to switch away from the Arc a couple of years ago - before the steward's enquiry had been completed? And that was to show some Rugby League highlights!

(and I like all three sports...)

Don't get me started on Rugby League Gareth. I still haven't worked out why that sport hasn't died. I thought it only existed in the first place to become a professional version of Union. Seems pointless now.

I realise it doesn't involve a licence fee, but Channel 4 were quick enough to abruptly stop the racing coverage (without warning or credits) once Darley Sun was coming off the track, just so that the coverage of Come Dine With Me wouldn't be delayed!!

The sound of a V10 is beautiful enough. The sound of a V10 knowing that people hate it is heavenly.

They were anguishing on Ch.4 because the race went off late, and I think they were worried it'd skew the evening's schedule. It was an ungracious finish to the programme. Note to producer: horses are "animals". They don't know about things like tv schedules. They sometimes do things that cause delays, in the way that ovens and fridges don't.

Hilarious that Eddie Jordan was being allowed to continue his ramblings deep into the time Strictly Come Dancing should have been on but no complaints from me, anyone that switched over to BBC2 was rewarded with possibly the best qualifying session ever too.

Came home as the celebrations kicked off - hilarious. Don't know who the young male presenter was, but he succeeded in keeping po-faced and repeating his cues to the end, while even lovely David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan danced and pranced with the revelling team. Fantastic job by Button. I liked the little homage at the end, with him shown as "Jensen - Ruler of the Universe", set against the stars of the F1 circuit. Certainly looked a good deal more dashing than "Button - Ruler of, etc. "!

What I want to know is, why he isn't known as "The Interceptor"? ;)

Last edited:
Back