Best piece of 2 year old form

Queens Logic the best I have seen, then I would put Bosra Sham and Blue Duster.

I dont think Rainbow View is nothing special, I have him in 117 , no more.

Blue Duster was slightly before my time.

Bosra Sham was a magnificent horse, but I would question whether she has achieved as much as Rainbow View as a 2yo.

Would disagree entirely with that.

Name me a better juvenile filly (bearing in mind I've been following racing for about 15 years! :D)

Impressive as she has been, the likes of Six Perfections, Finsceal Beo and Divine Proportions all have two year old form that is comparable with the Gosden filly. She has hardly reached a level that would lead me to think I will never see a better two year old filly than her in the future.

Impressive as she has been, the likes of Six Perfections, Finsceal Beo and Divine Proportions all have two year old form that is comparable with the Gosden filly. She has hardly reached a level that would lead me to think I will never see a better two year old filly than her in the future.

Blue Duster is the same year of Bosra

the 3 Galileo , QL, Blue Duster, Bosra, Russian Rhtym......and there should be more.

On official ratings Queens Logic was a better 2yo filly than Rainbow View.

Best horse I've ever ridden by a country mile and I've sat on some good uns. She just cruised and cruised and cruised. You never needed a 2nd gear, 1st gear was ample enough. Injury denied everyone from seeing what a freak of nature she was.

I remember riding her 3 days before her debut and being told to sit 3rd of 3 and just track the colts up, let her stride on but don't press her to stay with them as she runs on Friday.

Press them !!! they were flat out for all their worth and I was sat then with a treble handful thinking what the hell is this.

It's disappointing she hasn't thrown up anything near as good as her, but boy she was some horse to sit on. She made Tobougg feel like a selling plater upsides her.

Her name on the board started as Grand Lodge F2, by Christmas someone renamed her "Machine", That morning was the first time I ever sat on her, but boy it was a great feeling. No one got a look in on her after she won on debut, Dean Corby, Candy Morris and Lesley White ended up riding her all time but I felt honoured to do a swinger upsides on her one morning, would easily be the best I've sat on.

Last edited:
Fair enough Sheikh, let me rephrase! Shame to see her produce horses that are getting beaten out of sight under NH rules!

Upon further thought, I may have been a bit lavish in my praise for the Gosden filly!

All of those you mention above (plus Blue Duster, though with the exception of Finsceal Beo) had form comparable to Rainbow View's. She's certainly up there with the best of them though.

I wasn't really paying attention when reading the two horses you put up in response to my comment that Blue Duster hadn't bred much, Sheikh - looking again, she didn't breed Dashaan and Cadeaux Genereux, she had foals sired by them!

I wasn't really paying attention when reading the two horses you put up in response to my comment that Blue Duster hadn't bred much, Sheikh - looking again, she didn't breed Dashaan and Cadeaux Genereux, she had foals sired by them!

Indeed SL, I picked you up wrong, I thought you where saying she wasn't bred to anything decent when in fact you where saying that to date she's been a bad mare...which of course is correct .

I'd love a Cadeaux filly - he's £10k this season and it's surely going to be his last... if SONGSHEET wasn't going to be foaling so late and I knew it would be a filly, I'd be sooo tempted...

I would imagine Orizaba and Ashram could also get in the mix for the guineas for Godolphin. Also, Shaweel, Huntdown, Playfellow and Liberation have reportedly been transfered to them this season.

"It's surely going to be his last". Songsheet, what makes you think that ?

Last edited:
He's been a great servant to British breeders.

And still looking extremely well for his age, Sheikh - we saw him when collecting Songy last May after she'd been covered by Compo again. Would have liked to have been able to go to Whitsbury's lunch when they were showing SAHKEE'S SECRET and had another good look at the stallions but too much on here to go, sadly!

How's his conformation please ?

Heard his legs wheren't the best, didn't stop him though.

Last edited:
Cheers LBM. Didn't know Godolphin bought Ashram.

Flame, any word on the Godolphin 3 year olds? Did they stay in Newmarket?

Back