Best piece of 2 year old form

Flame, any news on Lahaleeb ( M.Channon) On Racing Post ratings she is rated better than Serious Attitude, Again and Fantasia. She won the Grp2 Rockfel at Newmarket , so i would expect her to have an each way chance in the Guineas.

As in when he was at his best or now? He's a YOUNG GENERATION, so plenty of bone but out of a SHARPEN UP mare, so some of his progeny have had dodgy front legs but in the main they are good lookers like he is/was - obviously now his back's dipping a bit and he;'s not the athlete he was.

My old boss found Y G and he could always spot good conformation in a yearling!

As in when he was at his best or now? He's a YOUNG GENERATION, so plenty of bone but out of a SHARPEN UP mare, so some of his progeny have had dodgy front legs but in the main they are good lookers like he is/was - obviously now his back's dipping a bit and he;'s not the athlete he was.

My old boss found Y G and he could always spot good conformation in a yearling!

Yes it's what he passed on I was wondering about. I updated my post as you where posting. Do the dodgy legs come from the Sharpen up side ?

I would guess so, Sheikh - the SHARPEN UPS were noted for not having the best wheels in the world but it didn't seem to stop 'em running - and running well!!

I would imagine Orizaba and Ashram could also get in the mix for the guineas for Godolphin. Also, Shaweel, Huntdown, Playfellow and Liberation have reportedly been transfered to them this season.

"It's surely going to be his last". Songsheet, what makes you think that ?

We used him this season, but were warned that his fertility is not what it was so we needed a robust mare who would not mind being covered several times. Which we have done and really really hope for a filly too.

He is getting on a bit so not unexpected.

I would imagine Orizaba and Ashram could also get in the mix for the guineas for Godolphin. Also, Shaweel, Huntdown, Playfellow and Liberation have reportedly been transfered to them this season.

"It's surely going to be his last". Songsheet, what makes you think that ?

I sincerely hope it won't be but he's 24 or 25 now and it's unlikely he'll be around much longer!

Thanks for the info. I didn´t know about his fertility problems.
Good luck with your foal Isinglass.

A good sire imo and one who has served breeders well over the years, but like too many fell victim to the 'newest thing'. I hope they will give him a year off at least before he pops his hoofs, poor ole boy!

Interesting that he had only 13 runs, and 4 of those were ridden by Paul Eddery inc 3 of his 7 wins, and the rest by Pat! Can anyone remember why he was disqualified from the Prix de l'Abbaye? (Pat riding, race awarded to Handsome Sailor 1988)

Back