Bet Victor Gold Cup

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
I think the best news over the summer was the owner of Kylemore Lough moving his horse to Harry Fry. Not so much because I don't rate Kerry Lee as a trainer. just because the horse will have a different jockey now. Fry has stated the BV is the target and he's worth a pop at 20s. He would have won the Caspian last year with a better ride.

Totally agree about the Caspian race, Euro, though I'm a little concerned that all his best form has come right-handed, and he is probably handicapped to the hilt. Price compensates to a degree though, I suppose.

I've already backed Bun Doran (Tom George) to smallish stakes, though confess I'm not sure if he is an intended runner or not.

[FONT=&quot]
The BetVictor Gold Cup[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Grade 3 handicap chase, £160,000 total prize fund . Cheltenham, Saturday, November 18. Two miles, four and a half furlongs (2m 4f 78y). For four-year-olds and upwards. Penalties: after November 5, a winner of a chase 5lb. Entries closed October 31, entries revealed November 1 (45 entries). Weights revealed November 8. Five-day confirmation stage November 13, final declarations November 16. Maximum field size 20 runners plus 2 reserves.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Horse
Trainer
A TOI PHIL (FR)
Gigginstown House Stud
Gordon Elliott IRE
AQUA DUDE (IRE)
William & Angela Rucker
Evan Williams
ART MAURESQUE (FR)
Mrs Johnny de la Hey
Paul Nicholls
ASO (FR)
The Bellamy Partnership
Venetia Williams
BALL D'ARC (FR)
Gigginstown House Stud
Gordon Elliott IRE
BALLOTIN (FR)
David Maxwell Racing Limited
Philip Hobbs
BALLYALTON (IRE)
John Westwood
Ian Williams
BALLYBOLLEY (IRE)
Simon Munir & Isaac Souede
Nigel Twiston-Davies
BALLYCASEY (IRE)
Susannah Ricci
Willie Mullins IRE
BELAMI DES PICTONS (FR)
Hills of Ledbury (Aga)
Venetia Williams
BENTELIMAR (IRE)
Swanee River Partnership
Charlie Longsdon
BOUVREUIL (FR)
J P McManus
Paul Nicholls
CLAN DES OBEAUX (FR)
Mr & Mrs P Barber, G Mason, Sir A Ferguson
Paul Nicholls
CLOUDY DREAM (IRE)
Trevor Hemmings
Malcolm Jefferson
DANDRIDGE
Ronnie Bartlett
Arthur Moore IRE
DAYS OF HEAVEN (FR)
Mrs S K Johnston
Nicky Henderson
DOUBLE TREASURE
Sir Chips Keswick
Jamie Snowden
FOXTAIL HILL (IRE)
Options O Syndicate
Nigel Twiston-Davies
FRODON (FR)
P J Vogt
Paul Nicholls
GARDE LA VICTOIRE (FR)
Diana Whateley
Philip Hobbs
GO CONQUER (IRE)
Paul & Clare Rooney
Jonjo O'Neill
GOLD PRESENT (IRE)
John & Barbara Cotton
Nicky Henderson
GUITAR PETE (IRE)
Mrs Pat Sloan
Nicky Richards
KYLECRUE (IRE)
John Patrick Ryan
John Ryan IRE
KYLEMORE LOUGH
M J McMahon & Denis Gallagher
Harry Fry
LAKE TAKAPUNA (IRE)
Dr Ronan Lambe
Jim Culloty IRE
LE PREZIEN (FR)
J P McManus
Paul Nicholls
MASTER DEE (IRE)
Paul & Clare Rooney
Fergal O'Brien
MINELLA PRESENT (IRE)
Jane Gerard-Pearse
Neil Mulholland
MYSTIFIABLE
Graham and Alison Jelley
Fergal O'Brien
PLAISIR D'AMOUR (FR)
Calvados Racing
Venetia Williams
POLITOLOGUE (FR)
J Hales
Paul Nicholls
QUITE BY CHANCE
T Hamlin, J M Dare, J W Snook, J T Warner
Colin Tizzard
ROMAIN DE SENAM (FR)
Chris Giles & Dan Macdonald
Paul Nicholls
SAMETEGAL (FR)
John & Barbara Cotton
Paul Nicholls
SAN BENEDETO (FR)
P J Vogt
Paul Nicholls
SPLASH OF GINGE
J D Neild
Nigel Twiston-Davies
STARCHITECT (IRE)
Paul & Clare Rooney
David Pipe
THEINVAL (FR)
Mr & Mrs Sandy Orr
Nicky Henderson
TOP GAMBLE (IRE)
Walters Plant Hire & James & Jean Potter
Kerry Lee
TRAFFIC FLUIDE (FR)
Galloping On The South Downs Partnership
Gary Moore
TULLY EAST (IRE)
Barry Connell
Alan Fleming IRE
VICONTE DU NOYER (FR)
Ann & Alan Potts Limited
Colin Tizzard
WAITING PATIENTLY (IRE)
Richard Collins
Malcolm Jefferson
ZAMDY MAN
J P McManus
Venetia Williams

<tbody>
</tbody>
[FONT=&quot]45 entries[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 Irish-trained[/FONT]

Naturally Politologue will be my first pick, but was really taken with Cloudy Dream over the weekend so hope he's an intended runner

I was keen on Politilogue's prospects this year until John Hales said he was going to keep him at 2 miles? Isn't that what he said, or am I mistaken? What happend to him running in The Haldon Gold Cup? To my novicey and untrained eye, when watching him last season I thought he looked like a stayer. I though two and a half was too sharp a distance for him at the festival which was one of the few things I called right. I can't have him for the Paddy Power.

Last edited:
Aso looks seriously over-priced at 33's for this. He was beaten only 5L by TDS off a mark of 144 last year (without benefit of a prep run), and ran with credit in both Caspian Caviar and Ryanair Chases at the track thereafter (though not so well at Trials meeting in between, it has to be said). Has a run under his belt this time; ultimately finishing well-beaten in the Old Roan, but looking like he would come on for the race/not given a hard time.

I've had a decent dash. Just need a little bit of leniency from the handicapper, and I'll be very happy.

Edit: Just seen Tanlic's post. He's either finally called something right, or he is a bogeying bas*tard....time will tell.
:lol:

Last edited:
This may sound crazy, but Splash Of Ginge has been entered for this. He also is entered at Wetherby in two days time. Historically he needs some serious cut in the ground, to put his best foot forward, but he is seven pound lower than when winning a valuable chase on New Years day at Cheltenham in 2015. The handicapper has given him a chance, and I'd like to see how he goes at Wetherby on Friday, hopefully with plenty of juice in the ground. There may be a revival in Splash Of Ginge if he gets his soft ground..

Last edited:
Aye........Mackeson, Murphys, Thomas Pink, something else?, Bet Victor. I'm betting it will be The Slim Chance How To Make Friends & Influence People Gold Cup next year.

Last edited:
I was keen on Politilogue's prospects this year until John Hales said he was going to keep him at 2 miles? Isn't that what he said, or am I mistaken? What happend to him running in The Haldon Gold Cup? To my novicey and untrained eye, when watching him last season I thought he looked like a stayer. I though two and a half was too sharp a distance for him at the festival which was one of the few things I called right. I can't have him for the Paddy Power.
What I heard, was he may start in the Haldon Gold Cup if ready in time (was late coming in) but don't think he has an entry

Romain De Senam

Been taken by his two wins this season, still only 5 but already looking like a class act over fences.

Currently 12-1

I have done Gold Present done for this at 33s on the back of his very decent 2nd at this years festival. I spoke to Jerry McGrath over the summer also and he said they didn’t recognise him coming back in from the fields after his summer break such was his physical improvement. He highlighted this as a target and it looks like some of them there have also had a cut as he’s now best price
16/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may sound crazy, but Splash Of Ginge has been entered for this. He also is entered at Wetherby in two days time. Historically he needs some serious cut in the ground, to put his best foot forward, but he is seven pound lower than when winning a valuable chase on New Years day at Cheltenham in 2015. The handicapper has given him a chance, and I'd like to see how he goes at Wetherby on Friday, hopefully with plenty of juice in the ground. There may be a revival in Splash Of Ginge if he gets his soft ground..
Splash Of Ginge gets the entry on forecast soft ground at Wetherby tomorrow. I fancy him. Whether he will get in The Paddy Power I don't know, but 33/1 is too big. I'm taking a wee leap of faith that Nigel Twiston Davies will have got him back to his best, but as I said, this horse can win on soft or heavy.

Last edited:
Aso looks seriously over-priced at 33's for this. He was beaten only 5L by TDS off a mark of 144 last year (without benefit of a prep run), and ran with credit in both Caspian Caviar and Ryanair Chases at the track thereafter (though not so well at Trials meeting in between, it has to be said). Has a run under his belt this time; ultimately finishing well-beaten in the Old Roan, but looking like he would come on for the race/not given a hard time.

I've had a decent dash. Just need a little bit of leniency from the handicapper, and I'll be very happy.

Edit: Just seen Tanlic's post. He's either finally called something right, or he is a bogeying bas*tard....time will tell.
:lol:

Notebook: Claim that Granger told you to back it if it loses

I have done Gold Present done for this at 33s on the back of his very decent 2nd at this years festival. I spoke to Jerry McGrath over the summer also and he said they didn’t recognise him coming back in from the fields after his summer break such was his physical improvement. He highlighted this as a target and it looks like some of them there have also had a cut as he’s now best price
16/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geezus it's a wonderful world:lol:I am told they are struggling to have him ready in time and not to touch him with a barge pole.

Hadn’t realised Kylemore Lough rated only 154 at present. Euro has himself a decent bet - I thought he was up around 160.

Tully East seems the only definite one.

Greatwood entries are out as well. Strange price diff from the Fred Winter between Divin Bere and Flying Tiger considering the Williams horse might be a couple of pounds better off based on current OR's.

Back