Betfair Chase

That's so LOL - but there is something about this horse which has never appealed to me. I mean some you fall in love with even only via the telly - but this one leaves me cold. I have no idea why, though I prefer to see loose manes... but Yes Sir is always plaited up but I'm mad about him, so it can't be that! And I'm usually for the underdog, like Englishwomen... but he has no charisma to my eyes, and I can't explain why

Kauto on the other hand is brimming with it

Well Chief for me as well, though the figures would have it close as well.

What mark did TF give him for his Victor Chandler?

Anyone give him any hope of returning to challenge Master Minded this year?

Undoubtedly Well Chief for me. He was just awesome as a young horse, his 3rd to Moscow Flyer and Azertyuiop as a 5 yr old in the Tingle Creek and winning the Victor Chandler off a mark of 176 were very impressive performances.I feel that Exotic Dancer would always find one better, while i feel that Well Chief would have won the 2 mile championship but for Moscow Flyer and some misfortune. Close but no cigar!

I'd rather watch today, see does Kauto of pre-Cheltenham return, and would then consider 1/2 or bigger as value in the KG.

Well Chief for me as well, though the figures would have it close as well.

What mark did TF give him for his Victor Chandler?

Anyone give him any hope of returning to challenge Master Minded this year?

Well Chief's VC form was bobbins compared to Azertyuiop's but he ran to 179 that day. His highest ever rating was 182 for the Tingle Creek the previous month.

Yeah I want to see it again...KS came off the bridle very quickly after travelling well.

ED did indeed jump like a pig.

Did Sam Thomas really have to steer him around the home straight like it was Cheltenham's Cross Country course?

He didn't seem to make any effort to give Kauto enough room on the fence he blundered at, and Kauto ended up going through the side of it.

The fall/UR itself just seemed unlucky.

Back