Betfair Hurdle 2023

Have had a go at Highway One O Two (16/1). Will love the quick ground, and I like to be up with the van in this race, and he's very nicely handicapped vs Hacker from early in the season).

Lallygag, my early ante-post swing at this, wait for the Listed novice at Exeter on Sunday.

Have had a go at Highway One O Two (16/1). Will love the quick ground, and I like to be up with the van in this race, and he's very nicely handicapped vs Hacker from early in the season).

Lallygag, my early ante-post swing at this, wait for the Listed novice at Exeter on Sunday.
Followed you @14/1.Ta.

I've been dabling on Titanic for fivers and tenners at all rates from 80 to 26 on the machine which probably prove to be nuts but he is a funny horse and has some good days so u never know.

I used to love this race but it's not the same as it used to be.

I di have No Ordinaey Joe in an antepost accie which has already lost but I'll stick with him on the day if Nicky runs First Steet and him

Last edited:
Final Decs:

Aucunrisque Nick Scholfield
Deere Mark Charlie Deutsch
Faivoir
Bridget Andrews
Filey Bay
Donagh Meyler
Glorious Zoff
Connor Brace
Glory And Fortune
Stan Sheppard
Hacker des Places
Angus Cheleda
Highway One O Two
Gavin Sheehan
Icare Allen
Jonjo O'Neill Jr
Master Chewy
Sam Twiston-Davies
Monviel
Tom O'Brien
No Ordinary Joe
James Bowen
Onemorefortheroad
Jack Quinlan
Restitution
Alexander Thorne
Rubaud
Harry Cobden
Teddy Blue
Caoilin Quinn
Tritonic Adrian Heskin
Yorksea
Niall Houlihan

I read something about Rubaud a couple of weeks ago so had a couple of quid at 20/1 .

I will probably do Icare Allen as I've backed Merlin giant for the county and it would be a boost for the form if he wins this.

Rubaud's chance has perhaps taken a wee dent, following Rare Edition's eclipse in the Sydney Banks - though to be fair, RE's jumping wasn't the best, and he was conceding a bit of weight.

I quite like Faivoir in this. Reportedly tuned up for it (aren’t they all :whistle:) quick ground should be fine and on a decent mark. 20/1 and 6 places with Sky atm

Last edited:
I quite like Faivoir in this. Reportedly tuned up for it (aren’t they all :whistle:) quick ground should be fine and on a decent mark. 20/1 and 6 places with Sky atm

Followed you in on this one. Not many better than Skelton at preparing one for a big handicap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had my a 'bullseye' on Tritonic at 40/1 and took 5/1 to be in the first 5.

Also took Deere Mark 16/1 EW who looks about the best value in the race

I backed Rubaud, Restitution, Yorksea and Deare Mark because they tied for first place in my little system, but it’s a race to savour isn’t it. Then again Chris Gordon’s horses are in fire at the moment. Glorious Zoff falls into the why on earth is he running category. And I always used to back Alan Kings Saturday runners until racing radio pointed out that, statistically, his Saturday runners don’t do all that well so I stopped. But my Dr Strangelove betting hand still hovers over his horses just before the off because it really bugs me when they do win.

I'm still happy for my sporting bet to be on No Ordinary Joe. He was third in last seasons Greatwood and can improve again after his last win. There's a possibility he might want a bit further maybe and so I wonder will the Coral Cup be next on his agenda, but I've backed him anyway.

Good luck all.

Last edited:
Rubaud's chance has perhaps taken a wee dent, following Rare Edition's eclipse in the Sydney Banks - though to be fair, RE's jumping wasn't the best, and he was conceding a bit of weight.

That was on soft though,Grass.PN reckons he'll like faster and he's well handicapped & that will do,for me.

Back