Betfair Hurdle Sat Feb 16th Ascot

Disappointed as I am with the MDA bet being refunded, I can console myself that my other a/p bet on Saglawy has also been refunded even though he had already been taken out.

Swings and roundabouts to an extent, I suppose.

This could end being a decent Supreme Novices Hurdle trial.

At present Al Dancer is 8/1 for The Supreme, with Didtheyleaveyououtto as big as 33/1. I wonder will that change after tomorrow...?

I've pretty much lost my appetite for this race but I've decided to stick with MDA (9/1) and saved on Ar Mest (16/1).

I probably won't even get to see it live.

This could end being a decent Supreme Novices Hurdle trial.

At present Al Dancer is 8/1 for The Supreme, with Didtheyleaveyououtto as big as 33/1. I wonder will that change after tomorrow...?

The two races tend to be like chalk and cheese mate.....highly unlikely to repeat what happened last year when that blue moon was in the sky:)

Looks like the RP office has been tipped the wink by NT-D. Paul Kealy put up Al Dancer at 12/1 a few weeks back. Segal must be expecting it to shorten up a good bit (from 13/2 at this stage???)

I'm maybe reading too much into it but I've noticed that when Kealy is strong on a T-D runner the strike rate is very good.

As I was saying...

Magic Dancer is a fair marker. He was top-rated on RPRs when the weights came out and still is. I suspect he’s been trained for it but will be vulnerable to more serious jobs from the big yards and bandits.

Top rated on my figures too and clearly trained for the day but, as I'd thought, vulnerable to an improver.

The worry for me would be that he still finished second so nothing else has improved as expected.

MDA a candidate for the non-triers' thread.

Back