betfair madness

it's not every day you see an 810.0 SP shot storming to victory, as witnessed when Lights of Broadway won the 14:00 at Taunton yesterday. But imagine if you had it as part of a multiple? That is just what one lucky punter pulled off...

Appreciate the effort Luke. Terrific story. You'd think Rory would come on and do a bit of bragging. I would!

inot every day you see an 810.0 SP shot storming to victory, as witnessed when Lights of Broadway won the 14:00 at Taunton yesterday. But imagine if you had it as part of a multiple? That is just what one lucky punter pulled off...

http://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...nto-73000-with-2451151-win-on-bet-100112.html

it's not every day you see an 810.0 SP shot storming to victory, as witnessed when Lights of Broadway won the 14:00 at Taunton yesterday. But imagine if you had it as part of a multiple? That is just what one lucky punter pulled off...

Chris Stickler, from Cardiff, placed one fivefold, for nine pence, five fourfolds, at 20 pence a line and ten trebles, at 20 pence a line - a grand total of £3.09.

The total win was a huge £73,099! The winning four-timer brought in £49,023 and then four winning trebles a total of £24,076.99.

The cumulative odds of Chris' four timer was 245,115/1 (price after commission applied). The bookies SP Multiple price would have been just 54,269/1.

The Multiple got off to the best possible start as Lights of Broadway won at a Betfair Multiple SP price of 770.0 (5% commission applied). The bookies SP was just 201.0 (200/1).

There was no need for multiple bonus enhancements or best odds guarantee - it was just a massive win at a price that no bookie came close to matching.

A further three of the five horses selected - Lastkingofscotland, Aviso and Sommersturm - were also winners, but not without some nervous moments.

The final leg of the Multiple, Sommersturm, trained by infamous gambler Barney Curley, hit 48.0 In-Play before powering clear to put the icing on the cake to this punters 20p-into-£49,023 four-timer.

Despite the huge odds on Lights of Broadway, Chris' bet wasn't an entire shot in the dark.

"I'm a fan of new trainers and have been following Jo Hughes for a while," he said. "I saw Lights of Broadway was at 450.0 the day before the race and stuck £8 on. Then I thought 'why not stick him in a multiple?'

"I backed Aviso because Rory Delargy at Timeform Radio said that (trainer) David Evans likes a winner on a Monday! With Sommersturm, we know Barney likes a winner and then Lastkingofscotland had won off a higher weight previously - a proper bet if you like."

The win capped a remarkable two days for Chris, having won £2,000 on Betfair Poker on Sunday night. And having previously won £3,000 in a Betfair Multiple, Chris is a confirmed fan. "The odds are so much better than the bookies," he said.

Further evidence, if any were needed, that Betfair Multiples are the place to go if you want big wins with small stakes.

Fancy chancing your arm? Try Betfair Multiples today.

Betfair Racing Multiples price are calculated using the returned Betfair SP price and then applying a 5% margin. Winnings shown are the prices after the 5% deduction

So is it possible that Sommersturm was smashed up by the Betfair multiple risk management team and not Barney Curley?

More than possible SC - Barney's horse number collapse on the EP's from say 10's into 3's in one hit, Sommersturm on Monday was more of a gradual move, obviously some of it will have been BC's cash but I'd be sceptical as to whether it all was given the nature of the early markets.

Appreciate the effort Luke. Terrific story. You'd think Rory would come on and do a bit of bragging. I would!

Nothing to brag about really - I happened to initiate some debate on TFR regarding Dave Evans good strike rate on Mondays. It was actually a listener who volunteered the info, and it became something of a running gag. I'm delighted that someone has made a few bob out of it, but I can't really take any credit.

Nothing to brag about really - I happened to initiate some debate on TFR regarding Dave Evans good strike rate on Mondays. It was actually a listener who volunteered the info, and it became something of a running gag. I'm delighted that someone has made a few bob out of it, but I can't really take any credit.

Nothing like a good insecure stat!

I would immediately lay claim to 20% of the winnings if I were you.....:D

Back