Black Caviar

Great to see her back. It's not beyond the realms of possibility she could come over again. Frankel or Galileo must be strong possibilities for covering. Which Southern Hemisphere stallion would she go to?

http://belesprit09.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/peter-moody-i-reckon-i-made-two-mistakes/

found this interesting from moody. i'd agree the king stand would have suited her better. she's just a pure speed horse.

they haven't totally dismissed a return to ascot (with a visit to frankel included) but i'd be surprised if they went through all that again. shame we never got to see her at her best.

Pity he didn't think the same last season, then we would truly have seen just how far ahead of our sprinters she surely is.

Last edited:
The media has reported over the last couple of days the extent of the trip to Britain, and the impacts it had on her physically. Apparently from all reports, she did the old suspensory ligament, had muscle tears and was also attacked by a swarm of bees.

Whether its true or not is another story, but if so that has to be one of the best come backs, especially given she has not raced for 8 months in a long time.

Cannot wait to see the old nemesis, Hay List, another "near death" case back and racing against the great champion.

If they come to Sydney and are up against each other I will be at the races in salmon and black!

The horse to follow out of the race is Moment of Change.

He was a Group 1 winner last sprinter in the Rupert Clark Stakes over 7f.

Looks a great type for the Newmarket Handicap and later on around July the Stradbroke Handicap.

Moods trains this bloke, and believes once the champ retires, he will be carrying the stable flag as the "next big thing."

Like Hay List, one of those horses who happens to be in the wrong era.

Great to see her back. It's not beyond the realms of possibility she could come over again. Frankel or Galileo must be strong possibilities for covering. Which Southern Hemisphere stallion would she go to?

Fastnet Rock, who is our current champion stallion.

Each way odds: Redoute's Choice, Commands, More Than Ready and Lonhro.

100/1: Encosta De Lago

Back