Blue Square and the missing statements

• Thread starter Thread starter solerina
  • Start date Start date
I look forward to Relkeel's explanation on this one then.

I can't explain or defend this but can confirm that I had nothing to do with it.

I can't really say anymore. I am sure you will appreciate that, if I post what I really think on here and a member of Blue Square management happened to read it, I could find myself in serious trouble.

Call me spineless if you want, but I have a mortgage to pay.

The letter as posted is appalling - it heavily implies YOU rather than they are doing something dishonest! I would certainly take this up with iIBAS and I'd also tell them you are writing to the Racing Post ont he subject

I can understand them voiding the offered free bet (even if their own incompetence caused the muddle - well just about!) but to void the bet as well is an outrage. Truly dreadful PR and I hope they get a lotof bad publicity from it

Seems Blue Sq are currently in discussions with the Alderney Gambling Commission and will be making an announcement to those effected by the end of next week (was supposed to be today). I can't honestly see them settling as they currently have, re-instating winning bets placed with own stake seems the minimum way forward surely....

When I had telephone accounts with Ladbrokes and Hills they both sent me monthly statements, but only if there had been activity on the account. Since I went on line I have not used either account, so I don't know if they still do this.

I have several telephone accounts scattered around, most only send statements when there has been activity, but Manny Bernstein send one fortnightly (they give a choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly) regardless of whether I have used the account or not.

It would be interesting to know how many losing bets B Sq have refunded. Not that it would make their stance ok, since they haven't got a leg to stand on in the first place.

Seems Blue Sq are currently in discussions with the Alderney Gambling Commission and will be making an announcement to those effected by the end of next week (was supposed to be today). I can't honestly see them settling as they currently have, re-instating winning bets placed with own stake seems the minimum way forward surely....

Appears they have the backing of the Alderney Gambling Control Commission...

I can confirm that after many high level discussions between a number of parties including key stakeholders of the business and our license regulators, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, it has been concluded that we have acted in accordance with our terms and conditions in withdrawing this offer and voiding all bets placed through this offer.

We appreciate that this is not the resolution you were expecting and apologise for the length of time it has taken to reach this decision but can assure you that this decision has been made after careful consideration and with the full backing of our regulatory body.

Your account with Blue Square is active and you will be able to use all of the services that Blue Square offer. Whilst this account will no longer be eligible for a sign up bonus we do run a number of promotions for existing account holders that your account will be eligible for.

Kind regards,

Have advised a 'last chance before action' letter to their MD, but that has apparently been returned as wrong address, curious...

I've not had any dealings with the AGCC, but my couple of experiences with IBAS have left me with the opinion that they are little more than a bookmakers benevolent fund with a poor grasp of the rules that they claim to arbitrate over.

I wouldn't waste my time again.

The clear moral of the story is don't trust, and therefore don't bet with Blue Square. Mind you their odds are normally so lousy they're one of the few I've never opened an account with, but after this very public demonstration of appalling customer relations I wouldn't dream of doing so. Nor will I be encouraging anyone else to do the same. I normally point a few new customers into bookmakers arms at about this time of year with Grand National specials etc suffice to say Blue Square have just been omitted from my list of recommended trustworthy bookmakers

I'm waiting for about 7 grand to clear from them so hopefully they and their friends at the Alderney Gambling Commission won't deem that I mistakenly deposited the money and placed the bets!

Seems Alderney aren't quite as done and dusted as Blue Sq seem to think... From the Alderney Gambling Commission earlier today:

Enquiries into your complaint against Blue Square (Alderney) Limited are ongoing. We regret to inform you that, because of this, we anticipate a delay in reaching a final conclusion.
As afore mentioned, The Commission will in due course contact you in accordance with Regulation 341(2) of the Alderney eGambling Regulations, 2006. Until such time your patience is appreciated.

Perhaps they're trying to secure funding to pay out the winners they've scammed!

Crikey, only just read this as I was away when it was all kicking off.

I would definitely take it to IBAS, most bookmakers (Hills definitely do) will always side with the decision IBAS make, be it in their favour or in the punter's favour. They look at disputes thoroughly and fairly and I can't see them not favouring the punter on this one. Fair enough to withdraw the offer and free bet but the actual bet that's been placed in good faith with your own money, that's undoubtedly rightfully yours, I'd also check the Gambling Commission regulations (although it appears that the Alderney authorities are the gambling commission as they are registered offshore).

They are a complete tinpot outfit, they don't even accept bets from computers on IP addresses at other bookmakers anymore. Which is a dangerous precedent to set and one that thankfully hasn't been replicated.

That's the point of mediation Stan that both sides agree before the outcome is reached to abide by whatever the mediators (IBAS for instance) decide.

Seems Alderney aren't quite as done and dusted as Blue Sq seem to think... From the Alderney Gambling Commission earlier today:

Perhaps they're trying to secure funding to pay out the winners they've scammed!

Alderney Gambling Commission, the punters friend! Letter in the post for my friend today, they're paying out on all the winning bets, funded and free bets -presumabley not recollecting on the losers already refunded, an expensive marketing campaign for them over Cheltenham!

Thanks to those who offered advice on the thread and by PM.

A copy of the letter sent out, I believe, sourced from the internet not personally...

Attachments

• 3548281597_ca85a5b3f4_o.jpg
    3548281597_ca85a5b3f4_o.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 16
Back