Boylesports International Hurdle

Very interesting race, I'd prefer to back something at a bit of a price in this so chomba womba or solwhit e/w could be interesting. What a shame it's no longer called the Bula, surely Boyles could have included it in the title rather than the ridiculous 'International'?

cracking looking race.big question should binocular come cruising to the the last along side a driven along katchit whos WINS? Will the hill find out binocular when mccoy hits the button?will katchit put his best foot foward and prove he was a good champion hurdle winner after all? will chomba womba or crackaway jack put it up to these two? i have'nt a clue but cant wait for this.

I agree to many questions to take a serious punt in this definately a watching brief although can see Dobbins view if backing each way a bit like the Listener on Tuesday an each way bet to nothing.

I have to agree with all of Native Dancer's questions. My thoughts exactly. Binocular could destroy them all and we could all be talking about the hype of 'the next Istabraq' etc. I'm still wary if the gun is put to Binocular's head, and he has a tussle with Katchit, what happens. It'd be great if we get that sort of finish. Binocular certainly lost nothing in defeat to Captain Cee Bee in the Supreme Novice in March.

I've gone with Dobbins logic, ew on Katchit. HAS to be thereabouts! Bet to nothing.....hopefully.

Don't be fooling yourself into thinking that Katchit is a bet to nothing each way.There most definitely is a potential downside -Katchit has looked sluggish this season and there is nothing in the race you could automatically rule out of a place.There must be a doubt about Harchibald running and even with the dead 8 I would recommend caution.

Yes they are!

Now we will never know as the are not re-sceduling the race:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
ASCOT and Haydock are the two front-runners to host the Boylesports.com International Hurdle on Saturday should the BHA sanction the salvage of the race from Cheltenham's washed-out card.

Leading trainers, including Paul Nicholls, Nicky Henderson and Alan King, are pressing for the £200,000 race, which will feature Champion Hurdle favourite Binocular, to be saved.

There will be a series of telephone calls on Monday morning between the BHA, sponsors and the two racecourses. A final decision is expected from the BHA later in the day.

Ascot spokesman Nick Smith said they would welcome the opportunity to stage the Grade 2 hurdle.

He said: "The race will fit into our card, and Ladbrokes, our main sponsor on Saturday, gave approval soon after Cheltenham's card was lost.

"We'd also need to check on Monday morning with BGC, sponsors of the Long Walk Hurdle and the Listed three mile handicap chase."

BBC TV is due to screen three races from Ascot. Smith added: "If the Boylesports International does come to us, we'll need to discuss coverage. The BBC may wish to include the race within its show, or record it, or there maybe an opportunity for Channel 4."

Haydock comes into the equation because, like Cheltenham, it comes under the umbrella of Jockey Club Racecourses.

Kirkland Tellwright, clerk of the course, said:"A preliminary discussion has taken place, and I would expect there to be a more detailed one on Monday. The one problem, of course, is that it brings the race very close to Kempton's Christmas Hurdle."

:D

Anyone think it's ludicrous to run the race a week before the xmas hurdle? If it was being re-run at Cheltenham, I could maybe understand, but if people wait a week it would surely be a better solution?

Apart from those entered last Saturday, who's down to run in the Xmas hurdle?

I think its ludicrous that they are only deciding today if it is going to be run it not...its not that difficult to reschedule one race.

I think its ludicrous that they are only deciding today if it is going to be run it not...its not that difficult to reschedule one race.

Disappointing to hear that it is being rescheduled. I have Snoopy Loopy for the Order of Merit and I don't want others picking up points:p

Thinking aloud; is this a move that should be commended given the quality of the field and the fact that the protaganists hinted they wouldn't be inclined to take their chance at Kempton, or an example of the BHA caving in to "establishment" pressure?

Thinking aloud; is this a move that should be commended given the quality of the field and the fact that the protaganists hinted they wouldn't be inclined to take their chance at Kempton, or an example of the BHA caving in to "establishment" pressure?

I am glad it is saved and there are horses to cater for these races - Harchibald may not come over and may wait for Kempton which would give us Punjabi, Snap Tie, Pierre Lunaire, Sublimity, Harchibald at Kempton as far as I know.

If we have the current field minus Harchibald at Ascot it is still strong.

At Leopardtsown we will have Inca, Hardy, Sizing, Catch Me, Celestial Halo and a few others.

They should all be decent contests.

Three quality races alright, DistantView.

Sublimity is an intended runner in the Festival hurdle at Leopardstown BTW.

As far as I know O'Grady is keen to try Catch Me over three miles as well.

I think it's a good move - Ascot would suit a lot of the intended runners in the Bula better than a track like Kempton and their trainers had already stated they wouldn't have been running at Kempton anyway for that reason.

I'd be amazed if Henderson DID switch Binocular to the Christmas Hurdle, Hamm!! He's already said he didn't htink Kempton suited him at all when he beat Pierreot Lunaire, not least since he made heavy enough weather of winning when they expected him to be more
impressive.

Like Gal, I think it's been an utter farce that it's taken the BHA until this afternoon to pull their fingers out and make a decision. Ridiculous state of affairs.

Why would Kempton not suit Bincoular, given that his turn of foot is his primary asset? Was surprised to hear Henderson's comments; my main concern about Binocular last Saturday was that the hill might find him out, particularly on heavy ground.

There's a big difference between a course not suiting a horse and a horse just not running to his normal standard, or perhaps even 'bouncing'.

Back