Boylesports losing the plot!

montyracing2

At the Start
Just had an interesting email from Boylesports saying that I would no longer be receiving any more special offers (extra places, free bets etc), although I could still use my online account.

This is the very reason I use my BS account sparingly. In the last three months I have received ONE offer appropriate to my betting interests (the olympics were of no interest to me) while the likes of VC, PP and Ladbrokes have made several 'appropriate' offers and received my business accordingly.

I cannot understand their logic, if they don't make me any special offers they will get the same amount of my business as they are getting at the moment. Had they said 'Vee are closing your account on economic grounds' I could have understood it but not ..... 'no more special offers for you.'

Anyone know the email of someone 'high up' in BS' I might drop them a
note.

Bloody daft - MR2

Just had an interesting email from Boylesports saying that I would no longer be receiving any more special offers (extra places, free bets etc), although I could still use my online account.

This is the very reason I use my BS account sparingly. In the last three months I have received ONE offer appropriate to my betting interests (the olympics were of no interest to me) while the likes of VC, PP and Ladbrokes have made several 'appropriate' offers and received my business accordingly.

I cannot understand their logic, if they don't make me any special offers they will get the same amount of my business as they are getting at the moment. Had they said 'Vee are closing your account on economic grounds' I could have understood it but not ..... 'no more special offers for you.'

Anyone know the email of someone 'high up' in BS' I might drop them a
note.

Bloody daft - MR2

I've been told via a third party that Boyles weren't happy about CRM deals brokered in the recent past, believing that the bonuses/offers included would make a whole tranche of new accounts non-profitable, and were therefore trying to restrict them immediately, without any reference account activity - hence my wife found herself knocked back for a £10 win single at Royal Ascot on a new account!

On a similar subject, one online bookmaker has been offering new customers a "risk-free" opening bet of £50 only to refuse to credit accounts with the free bet citing that they "reserve the right to withdraw offers at any time".

They are a joke shop. I got that email 2 years ago it basically means they don't have to give you 'best odds guaranteed'. I went to town on them on Twitter and the Betfair forum so have made my point on the subject.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear Gearoid,
Username: gearoidvi

We wish to inform you that we will be changing the way we administer Special Offers to your sports betting account moving forward.

As you are aware, Boylesports provides extra value for its customers through regular promotional offers such as Cashback Specials, Best Price Guaranteed and Free Bets. Although we will still be applying these Special Offers moving forward, we will be utilising them as part of an internal rewards scheme to the majority of our customers.

For a certain number of customer accounts it is no longer deemed viable to provide these Special Offers. As yours is one such account, we must inform you that from 22/12/2010 you will no longer be eligible to receive promotional offers.

If you have any questions regarding this new policy, please contact our 24/7 customer service team.

Email: care@boylesports.com
Ireland: 1800 22 00 66
UK / NI: 0800 22 00 66
International: +353 (0) 42 9393 168

Kind Regards

The Boylesports Team

Since then I've been factored down to 0.00.

Somebody at BetVictor must have taken inspiration from this thread:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We wish to advise you that we are restructuring our approach to how we administrate our accounts.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a result it has been decided that your account will no longer be eligible for the Best Odds Guaranteed concession.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We realise you will probably be disappointed to lose Best Odds Guaranteed but would reassure you that as a valued BetVictor customer you will continue to receive our first class service and variety of regular offers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All other terms and conditions remain the same and we sincerely look forward to your continued custom at BETVICTOR.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please note all bets placed prior to this email being sent will have the Best Odds Guaranteed applied but subsequent bets will be settled in accordance with our general terms and conditions.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We apologise for any inconvenience.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Its ironic but, and without wishing to boast, Boylesports are the only losing account I have (losses of £120 sinc Jan, 2011).

My profits in other accounts are in the hundreds and I am expecting similar vicious emails from them. I bet small but effectively and most of my accounts must be uneconomic for them.

BS are numpties, end of!

MR2

I wanted to see the 505 at Galway and Boylesports was my only option due to finishing work at 5.
It was full of dole day drunks and undesireables which is par for the course in a lot of places these days.What I couldn't handle was the actions of the cashier holding on to the dockets until she had the money safely in her hand -personally I thought they were the actions of someone who has a deep distrust of their customers-bordering on the paranoid.Knowing Boyles it's official company policy.
It's not often I go into one of their shops but it will be less after today.

I wanted to see the 505 at Galway and Boylesports was my only option due to finishing work at 5.
It was full of dole day drunks and undesireables which is par for the course in a lot of places these days.What I couldn't handle was the actions of the cashier holding on to the dockets until she had the money safely in her hand -personally I thought they were the actions of someone who has a deep distrust of their customers-bordering on the paranoid.Knowing Boyles it's official company policy.
It's not often I go into one of their shops but it will be less after today.

they do the docket hold at Willy Hills in our town as well

just another measure of the sad grasping society we are turning into

as the old lass said the other week on our local news when some arsehole took all the metal grills from the cellars of a whole street..leaving holes in the pavement enough to seriously maim someone falling in them...she said to the interviewer.."they'd tek yer teeth round here"

and they probably would

Last edited:
On the very odd occasion I bet in a bookie's, I'd say it was unusual if the cashier didn't at least keep a couple of fingers on the docket until I'd put the cash on the counter. I don't see it as distrust. Having once worked behind the counter, I reckon it's simple common sense.

I have never seen this before -I really don't understand it -a bet can be voided instantly -maybe they thought I had mastered the 5 minute slow count.

i can't see how someone can benefit by it tbh..but the docket holding has been going on ages here..mind you it is up north;)...ish

Last edited:
Imagine if you went for a pint in a strange pub and the barmaid categorically wouldn't give you the pint until they had the money in their hand.Would you go back there again.

On the very odd occasion I bet in a bookie's, I'd say it was unusual if the cashier didn't at least keep a couple of fingers on the docket until I'd put the cash on the counter. I don't see it as distrust. Having once worked behind the counter, I reckon it's simple common sense.

The cashiers actions are branding everyone a potential thief.

I had the exact same experience in a Ladbrokes Saturday. I think it's because people request bets (e.g €1,000 e/w on a morning price) and than say they'll go get the cash.

Imagine if you went for a pint in a strange pub and the barmaid categorically wouldn't give you the pint until they had the money in their hand.Would you go back there again.

Only if she had nice tits and ass

I got the same e-mail as the opening poster. I only opened my account with them in March and took advantage of that offer of 9/4 for QUEVEGA winning the mares race at Cheltenham. My opening stake free bet also won, then I barely used the account. I got the 'no more special offer' email in June. Crazy.

Dear Mr Quinn
We wish to advise you that we are restructuring our approach to how we administrate our accounts.
As a result it has been decided that your account will no longer be eligible for the Best Odds Guaranteed concession.
We realise you will probably be disappointed to lose Best Odds Guaranteed but would reassure you that as a valued BetVictor customer you will continue to receive our first class service and variety of regular offers.
All other terms and conditions remain the same and we sincerely look forward to your continued custom at BETVICTOR.
Please note all bets placed prior to this email being sent will have the Best Odds Guaranteed applied but subsequent bets will be settled in accordance with our general terms and conditions.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Debbie
BETVICTOR Contact Centre

Betfred and BlueSQ have already given me the 2 fingers....
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back