Breakfasts

A huge bowl of porridge with a handful of raisins in it, plus a glass of not-from-concentrate fruit juice.

Originally posted by BrianH+Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrianH @ Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ovverbruv@Nov 14 2006, 05:02 PM
I dont eat until about 4pm most days
That is very bad for you [/b][/quote]
That is very bad for you

I know Brian, everyone says the same thing but I dont get hungry until then, i have usually been at work for 8 or 9 hours by then and I dont get time for lunch at work

Originally posted by BrianH+Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrianH @ Nov 14 2006, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ovverbruv@Nov 14 2006, 05:02 PM
It's OK if you get up at 3.30pm otherwise I agree entirely. I'm forever trying to hammer home to my pupils the importance of a proper breakfast.

On a slightly different note. I've been trying recently radically to change my eating habits. I've been getting up earlier and eating more before going out and again at lunchtime, and eating less (or trying to) in the evening. In the three weeks since I started, I feel I've been eating more than usual yet I've lost 6lbs of the 7lbs I put on during the October break. I'll keep it going till Christmas but will probably put it all back on again then.

I have lost a stone in 2 months and i feel so much better for it, when i eat breakfast i then get hungry at lunch and throughout the day, this leads me to eating too much

Originally posted by BrianH+Nov 14 2006, 04:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrianH @ Nov 14 2006, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ovverbruv@Nov 14 2006, 05:02 PM
Suppose it depends on how each individuals metabolism works, mine's shagged but i blame it on my thyroid. :P

We'd all feel better for losing a stone but you probably don't need me to tell you you're going about it the wrong way, if that was your MO.

Your body goes into survival mode and although you're losing weight, your system is getting into the habit of extracting every bit of nutrition from what little you eat. Once you start eating more, it will continue to extract more from your intake for some time and you'll gain weight quicker.

The old saying is probably truest when it comes to weight control:

Breakfast like a king.
Lunch like a prince.
Dinner like a pauper.

I reckon taking up indoor football again hasn't done me any harm either but if I end up having a heart attack all the food intake monitoring in the world will count for f*ck all.

Yoghurt , ricecakes , an apple and blueberries

At weekends the occasional kipper and sometimes scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

A couple of cans of diet coke usually does me - unless I've had a skin-full the night before in which case most things usually become very attractive. Sunday morning it was a KFC twister eaten en-route to the track followed by a vodka and tonic on arrival - perfect.

Expresso cafe
Croisant
orange juice

It is the less important meal of the day for me,
many times I just have a coffe
if I get up late I dont have breakfast,

and only have a little more of food when I am not going to have too much time like when going racing.

On a day I am off racing, I am usually too nervous to eat in the morning, so I may just have a banana.

On the subject of food, I have to say, that the food down at Lingfield's O&T is absolutely top class. Their roast potatoes are absolutely delicious. I managed to arrive at Lingfield last week before the gates had even opened. After a nice cup of coffee in the bar, it was then roast gammon and all the trimmings with extra roast potatoes. Absolutely delicious. :)

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Nov 14 2006, 08:52 PM
A couple of cans of diet coke usually does me - unless I've had a skin-full the night before in which case most things usually become very attractive.
So tell us how you first met Paul...

A vitamin pill
eek.gif

During the week, a banana, orange juice and black coffee.

At the weekend, bacon sandwich (grilled, crispy and granary bread) and a cup of tea.

Originally posted by simmo+Nov 15 2006, 10:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simmo @ Nov 15 2006, 10:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Desert Orchid@Nov 14 2006, 05:52 PM
We'd all feel better for losing a stone
Even Lena Zavaroni? [/b][/quote]
:unsure:

Eggs, usually. Favourite is scrambled eggs with a slice of smoked salmon draped over, on some kind of wholemeal toast [Vogel is best, esp the barley and sunflower variety]. Also grilled cheese on wholemal toast, with thinly sliced tomato on top, and sprinkling of finely chopped chive or green part of spring onion, + dash of Lea & Perrins. Marmalade pancakes are good too, but any marmalade must be the proper homemade stuff, not that sickly sweet commercial rubbish. Lashings of tea before breakfast, then breakfast mid morning, with lots of strong coffee. By midday life is almost worth living

A pair of kippers and a pint of guinness.
I need that before facing McCririck first thing on a Saturday morning. If I know Thommo's on I drink two pints.

Back