Breeders Cup 2015

On form, Big Boue Kitten would be the best of the Americans ( a Grade1 winner at Belmont over the 12 furlongs)
But is he worth a tickle at 3.6 to Place? Probably not. Doing that is just betting for the sake of it, isn't it?

Last edited:
i've not backed him..but i hope he he does it..agree..its very difficult to land the double

I've not a penny on him either... if anything I'm tempted to lay... but I think this is a just race to watch and enjoy and hopefully see a horse achieve something that's very difficult...

I can't desert Golden Horn now. Backed him again although not as big as for the Arc. Concerned about Found and the ground....

the double is indeed very hard..thought Frankie might have gone a bit early there..was asking him for effort from a long way out..great win for Found

Last edited:
Well done the winner... I do think the ground helped her... but personally I wish she hadn't won... :(

Such a gentleman GH, beaten by 2 fillies. That aside, the hype was getting unbearable, and I backed him for the Arc but calling a 3yo great has to stop if we want the sport to evolve. Only 4 yo's who are able to prove their worth and give the beating to at least 1 generation should fall in that category.

It's the achievement that would have been great... Derby, Eclipse, Irish Champ, Arc and Breeders Cup... that would have been something very special...

I'm going to buck the trend on this thread... I'm afraid I'm rooting for AP... First Triple crown winner to ever contest a Breeders Cup race... he's my man/horse... sorry

This is an interesting race. American Pharaoh will probably get his own way in front unless there is a change of tactics and I doubt he will set the most testing fractions; I would expect Espinoza to set moderate fractions and then kick away on the turn. This might help Gleneagles and his pedigree gives you hope on the switch of surface.

I'm probably talking myself into a sentimental/patriotic bet but sod it :) Come on Gleneagles!

what hype though?..he is a 130+ horse..no hype there..its in the book.

Lynch from TF said on ATR that GH is head and shoulders above anything that was sent at BC, I can name half dozen horses better than him that run there. So yes hype was created and was getting out of control.

When you try to make an 130+ horse, which is produced in Europe every season(and more than 1 per season), one of the greatest that is called hype. He's not one of the greatest, he didn't even produced a good enough performance to compete with the greatest. He's a very good horse who should remain as a 4yo, prove its worth by giving weight away to a new generation and maybe reach higher ratings to be called a great.

Back