Breeders Cup 2015

one person's view of him doesn't make him hyped though..thats one view...anyone that makes their own ratings knows where GH stands..TF have a habit of overblowing horses they rate highly..its business talk

i don't know anyone who really thinks a low 130's horse is a "great"..not that knows anything about racing anyway.

Last edited:
I'm going to buck the trend on this thread... I'm afraid I'm rooting for AP...
Absolutely ! Me too. I love this fella to bits; have followed his progress from his Arkansas Derby win -- before he even embarked on this Triple Crown travels.

Lets be honest about it here, AP is heads-and-shoulders above Gleneagles as a Dirt horse, and far better than anything else in the U.S. this year.
The big unknown is -- has he gone over the top after a really tough season? Did he peak in the Belmont or the Haskell, and did we see a tired horse beaten by Keen Ice in the Travers (a horse that AP toyed with in the Haskell).

I'm not willing to pay to find out the answer in tonights race at these short odds. But, if he is beaten it will be because he is not the same horse he was in the summer.

But, I have fingers and toes crossed we see him win his swansong in style and class.
F**k Gleneagles if he spoils the party. :D

9.35 American Pharoah - really hope this one goes in as I have not hit the target this evening. Good luck lads.

Lovely horse, just breezed along and always had it in the bag.

Never mind Keeneland and all that USA jazz, sunny Carlisle is one of the finest courses on the cards tomorrow, racing since 1904 and I expect each man here to put up some winners.

Good night gents, Mr & Mrs Toffee are off to get sticky :)

American Pharoah's win saved my bacon after suffering a heavy loss on Golden Horn.

Serves me right and was a badly needed reminder that there are no short cuts to success in this game.

I just watched a replay of the Arc something I never bothered to do before backing Golden Horn

I just assumed Found had no chance but when you watch her in the Arc she is very well named as she Found so much trouble she may well have won the Arc without doing so.

I eat humble pie as I write and have given myself a well deserved kick in the ass for being so damn lazy.

That said didn't Aiden swallow a load of humble pie too? Maybe he missed the replay as well LOL

He seemed to think they were dreaming and a win was out of the question despite her being unlucky a couple of times.....truth is she had Golden Horn cooked turning for home and never looked like losing

She might just prove to be an exceptional filly next year.

I backed Found last night after watching the Irish Champion Stakes - I know he veered off course but he wasn't that far in front at the line and I thought if the loose ground was going to impair him, she is tough as teak and could take advantage.

After the Arc I was convinced she would get close to him especially with juice in the ground. She's a tough filly alright. Also great she stays in training.
Fair play to Horn aswell as he went down fighting.

Got to give credit to Golden Horn's connections for going for it... it was a tough ask for a horse competing at the top level since June... and full credit to the horse, he contested and very nearly won group 1's in 4 different countries in the same season, something no Derby winner had ever achieved; and no horse carrying level or more weight ever finished in front of him... he might not be an all time great, but he is a absolutely superb horse in my eyes and lit up the middle distance division this year... I think he would have made a wonderful 4 year old... Thanks for the memories Golden Horn :)

And as for American Pharaoh... if he doesn't get the horse of the year award it would be a travesty... he was a very rare and special animal indeed :)

Last edited:
They said on ATR last night that American Pharoah may even be up for the Sport Award equivalent of SPOTY over here - that would be something!

Back