Breeder's Cup Meeting

At the risk of making myself sound like a fool, the American Tote odds available on Betfair are presumably to a $1 stake yes? I know they often tend to use $2; haven't used it before (as you can tell!)

At the risk of making myself sound like a fool, the American Tote odds available on Betfair are presumably to a $1 stake yes? I know they often tend to use $2; haven't used it before (as you can tell!)

The channel I am watching and posted above had them (the results) to a $2 stake.

Looking at the Timeform card today, Lillie Langtry looks well clear of these, and if she's well, 7/4 isn't a bad price.

Murtagh said he would be riding her from a bit back in the field so a fair bit of luck will be needed but her best is by someway the best of these.

If Mastercraftsman wins tomorrow, that will be two Dundalk last time out winners to go on and win a Breeders Cup race.

Thank god RUK taking the American coverage.

Can't stand the 3/4 screen on ATR. Always better hearing the on-track boys as well. More atmosphere.

Maybe, though it was perhaps a little before that that Murtagh seemed to get low in the saddle.

On the replay just now on RUK she looked uncomfortable and was holding her trail a little oddly - Danehill Dancer maybe felt the ground a bit. Either way that hurt my pocket and knew she was beaten a long way out.

Devil may care looks big in the next - top rated by Timeform, and top trainer and jockey. Only race of the two days without a European interest.

On the replay just now on RUK she looked uncomfortable and was holding her trail a little oddly - Danehill Dancer maybe felt the ground a bit. Either way that hurt my pocket and knew she was beaten a long way out.

As well as backing the first two Ballydoyle horses in singles, I also had them doubled up, so my Breeders Cup would have ended in profit if she had won!

Interesting to see how the rest of the turf races go. The front two throughout win and come second - might suit a front runner like Gladiatorus in the mile tomorrow.

O'Brien said of Lillie Langtry: "Ideally she might prefer a little more ease in the surface but Johnny said it was a rough race and she got knocked around a few times.
"It may be the end of a long season but that was definitely not her."

Any thoughts on the next race? I think Midday will be hard to beat, looked to blow up in the Opera and it would be great for Cecil to have a winner, just for more conversations between him and the American media :)

Back