Breeders cup

Hope you backed him. Good call.
Thought he would finish well, but also thought he would be too far back to collar them.

His price was mental, especially after Main Sequence won from a similar draw earlier on (appreciate the trip difference)
I had no access to PMU odds but he did hit 26 on the machine :cool:

His price was mental, especially after Main Sequence won from a similar draw earlier on (appreciate the trip difference)
I had no access to PMU odds but he did hit 26 on the machine :cool:

Sure you don't want to hear it but you could bet into the US pools via Betfair on Saturday night and can on most US meetings.

Well done though, was a mad price.

Last edited:
He completely mullered Shared Belief (the unbeaten fav) on leaving the stalls compromising his early race position which is so important on dirt. The fact that SB managed a closing 4th told you enough. Typically the stewards caved in to sleazeball Baffert who incredibly blamed Toast of New York! ToNY ran a blinder under a superb ride from Spencer. I imagine they are fielding some hefty offers for ToNY right now in the US which they'd be mad not to accept - his future lies over there imo.

Have to disagree with that.

I wouldn't dispute that Bayern going left at the start completely changed the complexion of the race (most notably because it meant he wasn't taken on early my Moreno and could set steady fractions by American dirt standards on a track that apparently favours horses ridden prominently), but Shared Belief didn't end up that far back and certainly wasn't making any ground at the line. Spencer cut Shared Belief off early doors as well.

Tonalist ran a huge race I thought for a horse so far off the pace.

On another note, I wonder how Keeneland will fair hosting this next year. I was there a few years back (the year Bandini won the Bluegrass) and it is a seriously compact venue. I can't help but think this meeting needs to be at the likes of Belmont or Churchill (or Woodbine or Arlington maybe) to get its lustre back.

Back