Breeders Cup

It will be a long time before we see a horse placed in Irish Champion Stakes,Arc,English Champion Stakes and Breeders Cup Turf.It is a big ask to run in all 4 races never mind win the Arc and be placed in the other three.

She's had a tough month to be fair to her and still finished 3rd! You have to think AOB had it covered though. Frontrunner runs slow fractions in front and filly nearly good enough to pick up things if he faltered. On that rattling ground, it played to his strengths though.

Think some of the views on jockeys a little unfair. Seamus H ran a perfect race at an even pace. The best horses were 1,2,3 and if Ryan Moore had been hard on Found she would have been a few lengths closer. I suspect given Highland Reels perfect conditions today was always his race. Had it too close to call and given the prices of the first 3 left alone.

For mine, Found simply got outpaced owing to the steady early on fast ground. Hard to blame Ryan M. when it looked for all the world as Seamie was under instruction to make the pace for him. Far from the first time a Coolmore pacemaker has ballsed up either, though rarely with such a fortuitous outcome.

Breeders Cup Filly And Mare Sprint
Finest City is quirky but 20/1 with 365 more than gives you a shot of being on the right side of an upset. Has pieces of form to go close.

Has anyone else seen anything priced wrong?

He shoots, he scores. Nice work

Jonners high-fiving Slim?

It's enough to warm the cockles of this old soak's heart. Such a shame that this kind of insight is focused on the Larry Grayson code.*

*The pair of them are probably too young to get the reference!

So it was a good ride then?

The fact is the 'whole' field gave the winner who had obvious claims too much rope.

She didn't break well so was more than likely always gonna be needed to be carried in to the race. That along with the fact he was never going to be hard on her for the obvious reasons.

So very odd you should name him alone.

For mine, Found simply got outpaced owing to the steady early on fast ground. Hard to blame Ryan M. when it looked for all the world as Seamie was under instruction to make the pace for him. Far from the first time a Coolmore pacemaker has ballsed up either, though rarely with such a fortuitous outcome.

To be honest I doubt Highland Reel was put in as a pacemaker, as a KG winner and arc second who's modus operandi is to front run on his favoured fast ground at a track where it clearly favours horses up with the pace I reckon Seamie knew he had a massive chance just as much as Moore did and he rode a fine race accordingly.

To be honest I doubt Highland Reel was put in as a pacemaker, as a KG winner and arc second who's modus operandi is to front run on his favoured fast ground at a track where it clearly favours horses up with the pace I reckon Seamie knew he had a massive chance just as much as Moore did and he rode a fine race accordingly.

That's how I read it too.

Found retired to the paddocks now. As a top-class daughter of Galileo, and with the enduring Cold War between Goldolphin and Coolmore (where otherwise the natural covering for her IMO would be Dubawi), I wonder who she'll go to. Fastnet Rock? Or will she be shipped out to the American arm to open up the options?

Classic weren't bad either...... Arrogate best horse on the planet now surely after backing up his Travers rout?

Arrogate and Winx the best horses of 2016

about the bc turf
good tactics by ballydoyle helped by flintshires jockey
poor man thinking the winner was a pacemaker

Watch the first furlong again; from a poor draw Highland Reel was ridden a darn sight more vigorously than was the case in either the KG or the Arc.
We know he's a horse that likes to be up with the pace but, even from his outside draw, he was ridden yesterday like a horse absolutely determined to take the lead; and early.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the mile/middle distance races. The American sprint races though are dogshit. Juiced up 4f animals finishing like 3m chasers.

From a commercial point of view a win for Highland Reel is worth a lot more than if Found had won. I'm not saying the finishing order was therefore deliberate, but I am saying the winner was never in there simply as a pacemaker.

Of course he wasn't there solely as pacemaker, high class 2nd strings usually aren't, but it's extremely rare to see horses of his calibre ridden with such vigour in the 1st furlong of a top class 12f race.

She's an incredibly tough mare and highland reel has run his possibly his best two runs on his 17th and 18 th runs. They have won £10m between them and it's great we are seeing horses past their 3 yo careers. Highland reel stays in training as does minding. Fabby we get to See them next season.

Back