Broadcasters - Untrained Journalists

He is a legend in Cambridge for founding Willie Thornes (WTs). The best pool hall and student hangout EVER. 24 hour opening 8 years ago, 15 pool tables and 12 snooker tables, lifetime membership for £5. There is no better place in Cambridge IMO

It's not just one way traffic folk, that's to say sportsmen gatecrashing journo's. I notice Simon Mayo that well known one day International cricketer is broadcasting his programme live from the West Indies tomorrow. Why?

The BBC has Johnathon Agnew and Pat Murphy out there, plus the old TMS brigade. Why should Mayo get a free trip to cover one innings of England versus Bangladesh, and just what is he contributing?. It's not as if he's comentating on it or anything, all he's going to do I suspect is interview a few locals, tell us about the scenary, feed his usual links in from London, and periodically give us a score update. In other words, the same service as if he were based in London. :rant:

I'll be interested to see how long he stays out there, and whether he copies the "Grand Freeloader Pursuivant" Nicky Campbell, and take 3 weeks leave after the Sydney Olympics had finished and turn it into a flights paid personal holiday.

Mayo and Campbell are appalling, two good reasons (among many) why Radio 5 should be shut down.

Great stuff from Nasser to Flintoff: "So, Andrew, will you be taking Bangladesh seriously today?"

How is he going to answer that ? "No Nass. I was out on the pedalo until 4 in the morning."

Marvellous.

Was watching the boxing the other night and Barry McGuigan is far better as a tv presenter than the grey-haired guy who seemed to be fronting it - who is supposedly a proffesional journalist. Can't think of his name.

Sam

Bar the bULL. Nick Mullins is the commentator you're thinking off. he's a million times better than butler and he's a nice guy too. yes, I know him, but he's still the besr rugby man around.

Martin Brundle is miles clear of the opposition, when it comes to analysis of the 'sport' he previously participated in.

No-one else comes close.

Back