Bucket Lists

Have you done the Waterford Greenway yet -AC.Absolutely world class -did the full course and distance last July -the 47K was the longest I had ever cycled and I had to cycle the same again to get home.Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Granger -it took me ten hours on a mid range hybrid bike but you have to take the following into consideration -I was blatantly unfit,it was double my previous longest cycle,I took a 40 minute coffee break,I took a two hour break for lunch in Dungarvan and on the return journey I had to push the bike for 15K because my back was in bits.Having said that I enjoyed every minute -the sun was shining and I had a day without the family.
There are loads of places you can get on and off the Greenway and in my opinion the best sections to walk would be Waterford City to Kilmeaden and the spectacular Ballyvoile Tunnel to Clonea.

I like Glasgow, it's very underrated. That said it's best avoided when there's an Old Firm game on!!!

I like Glasgow, it's very underrated. That said it's best avoided when there's an Old Firm game on!!!

The Old Firm died in 2012 along with Rangers. Nowadays it's a just Glasgow derby, regardless of what the media say, in the same way that the games against Partick and the odd cup game against Queen's Park are just Glasgow derbies.

:)

One thing ticked off my bucket list this year. Giffords Circus. Saw it at Stonor Park [sp] on a blisteringly hot summers day with Red Kites flying overhead. Other things on the bucket list involved travelling, but a new dog [black whippet; completely bonkers] has put paid to that, unless the S.O.agrees to stay at home with the dog and let me tootle off on me own.

Back