Cape Blanco

Mickey the Marcher

At the Start
Just made it three trips to America and three G1 wins to show for it, with a win in the Turf Classic at Belmont. He had to work for this one though, Dean's Kitten almost caught him on the line, the bob of a head separating the two.

I would think he will go back to Tipperary and then return to America for a shot at the BC Turf in Nov, which will make for a very unusual training achievement by AO'B if he were to win that race.

If he can be freshened up for the Breeders Cup it will be an amazing achievement for a horse on the go since Dubai who looked to have been seriously messed up at Royal Ascot.

If he can be freshened up for the Breeders Cup it will be an amazing achievement for a horse on the go since Dubai who looked to have been seriously messed up at Royal Ascot.

True. I think this race will take a lot out of him.
Surely Aidan has a capable assistant he can leave with the horse stateside, so he doesn't have to keep flying him back and forth? All this crossing the Atlantic, makes me tired just thinking about it.

If he was mine, and I was coming back for the Breeders Cup in Nov, I'd roll the dice in the Classic.

Some of the more clued up on all things Coolmore will hopefully be able to answer this - the Hays obviously bought into him at the start of the season, as they did with Fame And Glory, did they buy to have a season's racing with him and then he's returned to Magnier for his stud duties or do they get their share of the stud duties too?

Not that it really matters, just interested.

Some of the more clued up on all things Coolmore will hopefully be able to answer this - the Hays obviously bought into him at the start of the season, as they did with Fame And Glory, did they buy to have a season's racing with him and then he's returned to Magnier for his stud duties or do they get their share of the stud duties too?

My belief is that they bought their share with full ownership rights

They have him as a stallion too. They bought into three horses. Fame And Glory was not announced until later because he failed the vet.

I believe they have stud rights too - an astute purchase for Hays based on his record this season.

They have him as a stallion too. They bought into three horses. Fame And Glory was not announced until later because he failed the vet.

F&G was purchased well in advance of CB I think.

Cape Blanco was injured in the race and has been retired.

great shame..hope its nothing serious

one of the best 10f horses of the last couple of years..won over further but even in the last win he beat a 9f horse..

at 10f on his day he was pretty impressive indeed..that small race in Ireland still comes to mind:)

Back