Carnival Dream Kicks Off

Is it any wonder 80% or more of racehorses have gastric ulcers? Never mind the stress of racing - the bloody 'training' sounds like torture!

Presumably they were blinkers and not a visor ?

Bonnie was extremely laid back in general at home - very much like her dam but there again, if you bring Doris in on her own, she's a box walker, so maybe Bons does get wound up !

No apologies for retrieving this as our darling Bonny ran a very creditable 4th tonight in the all-girls' sprint at 6.45 at Pontefract. Yes, if I do say so myself! She was drawn 9, broke well, cut over well and was right up with the leader (the favourite). Ran rather green at a couple of points, bounding about a bit, but was never out of the first five places, actually running wide in third at one point, round the turn. Royston up again, and I really hope he gets to stay as her 'regular', so she gets to know him and vice versa. She was up against 12 others tonight, so that's a slightly better placing overall than before. We like her attitude and there has got to be a win on the horizon for the baby in due course.

And while I'm here, well done to Songsheet for ANGEL SPRINTS' really good 2nd, against a slipping saddle, a few nights ago. Another girl with a great attacking attitude!

While C D is no world beater, she has the same likeable attitude she showed here as a foal/yearling - very willing and bold.

She kept on one paced a furlong out until Royston gave her a crack and she put her head down and did her best, so the attitude is good. I really hope she manages to sneak a little race somewhere. The blue headgear she was sporting made me grin a bit, as it was just like the fly masks (even down to the blue) that we use here sometimes and Bonzer used to wear hers with no hassle at all.

So, all-in-all, the girls done good !

My first winner! And probably my last! Great to have a trainer and an owner who will just persevere for that little bit longer, and I thought Adam Carter gave her an intelligent ride, considering she came out of the unlovely 9 draw for a sharp sprint. I can now die a happy woman!

Thanks for your kind words, folks - they are very much appreciated.

I'd completely forgotten I started a thread on her, Dom, and I didn't even realise she was down to run until I idly glanced up and her name rang a distant bell... ! Suddenly started up and took an interest, expecting the usual gallant effort to fade to 5th, but, booger me, the little babe 'ran on well', as the RP said! Terrific surprise, but I'm so pleased that the owner, Mr Riches, gave her all the attempts in the world to finally reward him. And speaking of reward, I was surprised again to see that his 1st prize was £1,000 more than another Class 6 at Lingfield!

Back