Champion Hurdle 2015

Jezki didn't get a blinding pace last year..and ran his best ever race..he is speed ..not stamina

Yet they kept saying better ground and the stiffer course would suit him.......I stand by what I said last year was no better than an average Champion Hurdle.

Da Fly beat him again WPM must be delighted

The way he quickened after that mistake at the 2nd last was breathtaking not many horses could do that after the mistake.

Wonderful result. How great it is to see the dawn of what might be a great future champion and the bowing out of the old master HF with pride and reputation intact.

Jezki didn't get a blinding pace last year..and ran his best ever race..he is speed ..not stamina

Jezki got a good pace last year - didn't this, and it showed. Stays 2.5m well, and I'm surprised the other JP runner didn't give him more of an assist.

he didn't get a good pace last year though..the pace was hotter later than earlier...hence a 105+% finishing effort compared to an even pace around 102.5%...you don't finish a CH in 105+% without the earlier pace being less than even..just a fact really.....you would be finishing at 100% or less in a stamina testing CH...which it wasn't imo.

what are you basing a very strong pace last year on?

Last edited:
Wonderful result. How great it is to see the dawn of what might be a great future champion and the bowing out of the old master HF with pride and reputation intact.

You really think Artic Fire is that good ? :lol: Oh! you mean Faugheen.

He's probably a 175p horse if you use Hurricane Fly as yardstick.

If he goes the right way who knows but we still have the Neptune and the Triumph to come and I'd be waiting until we see what comes out of there before getting too carried away.

Long time to March and who knows what wil come through the ranks

Can't believe you guys are making excuses for Jezki...he is what he is and ran a good race finishing just behind Hurricane Fly again..........burned himself out chasing Faugheen simple as.

Can't believe you guys are making excuses for Jezki...he is what he is and ran a good race finishing just behind Hurricane Fly again..........burned himself out chasing Faugheen simple as.

who is making excuse for him..i'm certainly not...what gives you that idea?

you don't read properly..i've always said throughout this thread i didn't rate last years race that much..he had perfect conditions again this year,,and the fact he couldn't do what he did last year shows how much better this years race turned out

Last edited:
Not nit picking.....just not getting carried away. I never backed Faugheen because I thought he was great I backed him because he had nothing to beat.

There's a few young horses who could end up being big threats to him coming up through the ranks (Well know more by the end of the week).

And I'm not about to be backing Douvan Arkle UDS QMCC Faugheen treble just yet.

Douvan for me was the most impressive winner of the day the other 2 I have reservations about.

Not nit picking.....just not getting carried away. I never backed Faugheen because I thought he was great I backed him because he had nothing to beat.

There's a few young horses who could end up being big threats to him coming up through the ranks (Well know more by the end of the week).

And I'm not about to be backing Douvan Arkle UDS QMCC Faugheen treble just yet.

Douvan for me was the most impressive winner of the day the other 2 I have reservations about.

I think you will find that my history on here is not one of overrating horses..the other way actually..i don't think todays field was nothing either,,i have seen a lot worse CH's than this..and to be fair Istabraq didn't have much to beat in all his 3 wins if we are talking about strong fields

Faugheen is a very good horse..and if kept to hurdles will take some beating over the next few years

he didn't get a good pace last year though..the pace was hotter later than earlier...hence a 105+% finishing effort compared to an even pace around 102.5%...you don't finish a CH in 105+% without the earlier pace being less than even..just a fact really.....you would be finishing at 100% or less in a stamina testing CH...which it wasn't imo.

what are you basing a very strong pace last year on?

Where did I say it was a very strong pace?
Don't subscribe to this even pace hooey, particularly in NH races, but it was a good pace, earning Jezki a t/s figure of 160. Faugheen won't get within shouting distance of that for this year's race.

Back