Champions Day

aye..its asking too much..the Arc has to empty a horse you'd think...if she wins today it would be monumental

aye..you could be right Aragorn...just enjoying watching the races now..a winner is a bonus here

Well that's a welcome winner, first winner I've backed today. Thanks lads.
Euro was very strong on it I remember. Top marks to him. I tipped Quiet Reflection on the tipping thread, but changed my mind and rightly so.
The Tin Mans come right at the right time of year (in terms of winning this race) hasn't he.

Last edited:
aye..its asking too much..the Arc has to empty a horse you'd think...if she wins today it would be monumental

aye..you could be right Aragorn...just enjoying watching the races now..a winner is a bonus here

Imagine if the International at York came under 2 weeks after the King George.

Thoughts on the next? Zhukova gave me a bit of touch last time and i've been really impressed with her this year; Weld looks like he's laid her out for this. Similar comments apply to Journey. I would have preferred softer ground for Zhukova though. Seventh Heaven is pretty short but worthy favourite. Not an easy race.

No horse has ever done the Arc/Champion Stakes double and I couldn't tell you how many have attempted it.The races are just too close together at the end of a hard year-as much as I love Found she cannot win today.

How many have tried Luke? I don't remember a lot of Arc winners coming on to the Champion when it was at Newmarket.

Thoughts on the next? Zhukova gave me a bit of touch last time and i've been really impressed with her this year; Weld looks like he's laid her out for this. Similar comments apply to Journey. I would have preferred softer ground for Zhukova though. Seventh Heaven is pretty short but worthy favourite. Not an easy race.
Yes I'm on Zhukova, for a sporting interest. The Irish seem confident though. There's talk about bankers and I sense those big bets might be coming!

Last edited:
Well that's a welcome winner, first winner I've backed today. Thanks lads.
Euro was very strong on it I remember. Top marks to him. I tipped Quiet Reflection on the tipping thread, but changed my mind and rightly so.
The Tin Mans come right at the right time of year (in terms of winning this race) hasn't he.

Was not a fan until his run behind Quiet Reflection at Haydock. Thought ground/track was ideal.

Two races down and already I'm thinking this meeting is a waste of time.

Who'd have imagined all of Mecca's Angel, Quiet Reflection, Shalaa and Twilight Son failing to show their form?

Well done, Marble, with the winner though.

I think I'll just go and sleep the rest of the afternoon away until the big handicap.

it seems like an afterthought for AOB..he hasn't got a great record in the race and it looks to me that its not an important race to him..maybe just trying to chance it..can't see it mesen by any means

Two races down and already I'm thinking this meeting is a waste of time.

Who'd have imagined all of Mecca's Angel, Quiet Reflection, Shalaa and Twilight Son failing to show their form?

I think I'll just go and sleep the rest of the afternoon away until the big handicap.

Unlucky mate. Aye the big handicap. I thought I'd backed a live each way chance with Dream Walker, 20's out to 50's, I've already thrown my slip away. ;)

Another sporting interest for me is this Atwaad in the next.
Just heard big news going down at Ascot about banned substances, puts Almanzor's run in jeopardy......

Last edited:
Another sporting interest for me is this Atwaad in the next.
Just heard big news going down at Ascot about banned substances, puts Almanzor's run in jeopardy......

Really? Not reported on RUK.

Almanzor is my bet of the day, I think he is the best horse in Europe and will prove it again today (Assuming he runs).

Back