Champions Day

Fk senility! Slow start but that double has just made my day!!! Might have been obvious but I was very confident in Almanzor.

Thanks chaps - Any views on the last? I'm not a big handicap punter. Nevison fancies Sea Wolf e/w and Morando the buzz horse.

between the the three of us we have wrapped the meeitng up Aragorn...me in the first and then Journey..you with your double and Marb with Tin man..pretty good going i'd say

oooh..the handicap..will have to have a look..looks evil to me

I have no idea but Nevison is usually worth listening to in handicaps so might just have an e/w interest on Sea Wolf.

between the the three of us we have wrapped the meeitng up Aragorn...me in the first and then Journey..you with your double and Marb with Tin man..pretty good going i'd say

oooh..the handicap..will have to have a look..looks evil to me

Marbles turn then - What you backing Marb?!

Well I backed the Geordie, Brian Ellison trained pony - Dream Walker - e/w earlier in the week, Aragorn, but he's drifted to rank outsider.

I don't understand it........... but some things aren't worth understanding.

I hope Desert Orchid lands the winner as I know he puts a great deal of time into finding the good things, I think he's on Morando from what I read earlier. With a gun to my head I'd go with Morando.

Last edited:
3rd time lucky @ 10.5
chil the kite @ 50.0
Master of the world @ 36.0

slung a tenner on each

chicken Tikka to follow..cat can have her own food for a change

I'm keen on the chance of Yuften in the last - nicely handicapped on his best form, eyecatching run last time out over an inadequate trip - but just wonder about the stable form as Roger Charlton's recent strike rate is well below his usual. For that reason, I'll also back Ajfaan, another who will be suited by a return to a mile.

In the QEII, at morning prices Galileo Gold is well overpriced but the lack of market confidence is striking - 4/1 earlier in the week, 6/1 now. It might just reflect the money for Minding but it tempers confidence.

Almanzor's turn of foot to prevail in the Champion Stakes.

cracking post Gus..well deserved ..hope you made some

Good picking, Gus.
Nevermind dope testing I think Dream Walker needs DNA testing to check its a horse haha :)
The only thing I can say in my defence is I selected it whilst being abducted by aliens.:)

Last edited:
yes they tried to abduct me once...but i give em some catfood..and they f00ked off..always worth keeping a sachet of whiskas..just in case:)

been a fun afternoon guys..nice one

Last edited:
(I have witnesses that) Yuften was on my long list and I was liking it - thinking I might have latched on to a 25/1+ shot - until I saw it at somehting like 8/1 last night. That disappointment was enough for me to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Morando had no luck in running but I wouldn't argue that it would have won.

On the other hand, Librisa Breeze...

No horse has ever done the Arc/Champion Stakes double and I couldn't tell you how many have attempted it.The races are just too close together at the end of a hard year-as much as I love Found she cannot win today.

Recall Pride winning it after finishing 2nd in the Arc, but it was a 3 week gap, back then.

Back