Champions Day

End of a long season.very soft ground and high speed winds-good luck to anyone punting short ones.My card for today -

Torcedor (nap) each way. -22/1
Quiet Reflection 7/1
Hydrangea 7/1
Beat The Bank 11/2 Sir John Lavery each way 40/1
Success Days each way 40/1

Will leave the last race to the needy and the greedy.

Three? Cracksman or Ribchester to go with HA and OOSG?

Reallycan't see HA as any sort of banker; he's had 3 runs on the track and 3 defeats, and though he was impressive on hvy @ Haydock, he had an easy lead and won the race with a burst of speed.
With soft ground and a headwind that's unlikely to be the case today; particularly with the miler dressed up as a sprinter to ensure it won't happen.
My 3 would be OOSG, Carravagio and Ribchester, who'd have a nigh perfect record if Buick hadn't ballsed up the pace in the Sussex.

I'd cobbled together a big priced E/W acca
Donjuan Triumphant 28/1
Hydrangea 7/1
Breton Rock 66/1 4 places
All 1/5 odds unfortunately though it was the price to obtain the extra place in the QE2

End of a long season.very soft ground and high speed winds-good luck to anyone punting short ones.My card for today -

Torcedor (nap) each way. -22/1
Quiet Reflection 7/1
Hydrangea 7/1
Beat The Bank 11/2 Sir John Lavery each way 40/1
Success Days each way 40/1

Will leave the last race to the needy and the greedy.

Unlucky Luke, nice e/w bet regardless.

Despite picking Harry in the TRF comp (he is the most likely winner), Tasleet is too big and have backed him e/w. He doesn't need to improve much, ground is good for him and he has good track form.

Last edited:
Cheers for that euro put me on to that and I hadn't given it a look until you mentioned it then fell in love with the idea !

What a car crash of a ride by Kirby - delayed in taking the blindfold off so HA missed the break and was lit up and then went to the front too soon after and had nothing left . I fear he may find Buick or Doyle on it in the spring .

What a car crash of a ride by Kirby - delayed in taking the blindfold off so HA missed the break and was lit up and then went to the front too soon after and had nothing left . I fear he may find Buick or Doyle on it in the spring .

Does Harry stay in training?

TBF Euro Just stuck up a 16/1 as the best bet of the day and ye talking about Harrys Angel where's the love fellas ?

|From Marble

Greenside has just managed to sneak in the race off bottom weight but still available at huge prices, there is so much each way value in The Balmoral. When I looked at the statistics recently, the last three winners all had low draws, (the 2015 & 2016 winners were drawn 1 & 4). I also note that the last three winners all had exactly 21 days rest before The Balmoral. Greenside has had the 21 days off too. The main thing I'm hoping is that it will be an advantage to be drawn low. I can't be too sure, but based on last few runnings, low is the place to be. Some bookies going five places, some cracking each way value out there. Marble

Back