Change Just One Result...

Guest_

At the Start
If I could change the result of a single close/tight race...undoubtably I would make sure Mick Kinane did not drop/lose his reins in the last half furlong on Giants Causeway thus ensuring the horse won the Breeders Cup Classic.

I remember watching it in the pub with a few mates and we were absolutely roaring the horse home and it looked for all he was going to get up....so close. A great horse, who had a great career but it would have capped his season off in the best possible way....

Give me a race and whatever the race might be....

Dayjur jumping the shadow on the line springs to mind but in a way it makes the horse and race even more special and adds spice to the horses history.

Falbrav just getting reeled in by Johar and High Chaparal at Santa Anita in the '03 Breeders Cup was painful for me.

I'd reverse the result of the 2005 Scottish Grand National. It would have been a phenomenal achievement for Ruby to win all four Nationals in a season, and it's harsh that he was denied by a short-head because Cornish Rebel was a bit of a hound who downed tools when he hit the front.

Probably Dubawi in the QE2.

One of my favourite horses, and I had him backed by himself, and also in a double and a treble that day. It would have been my biggest ever win i think. When I saw him cruise across the track I thought all my dreams had come true.

Pity Stracraft was twice his size.

I'm quite serious.

Dalakhani only received one RPR over 126 (and that was for coming second to Alamshar :D ), and that was somehow awarded for beating Mubtaker by 3/4 of a length, who consistently achieved 118/119 RPR.

Alamshar, aside from beating Dalakhani, beat one of the best King George fields in the last ten years, and very comfortably. He was not afforded the mid season rest of Dalakhani, and was over the top in his final two races which was a shame.

Dalakhani was a very good horse, but far from a great one. I prefer to analyse races rather than believe the hype :)

It was a shame it rained for Dalakhani's Arc otherwise he would have lapped them. As it was he cruised from last to first on ground he hated.

I prefer to analyse races rather than getting hung up on RPRs.

So, your whole basis of Dalakhani being a great horse is what he would have done IF it didn't rain?

He has no form which says he is better than Alamshar.

Betsmate and I have had this debate before....I am in agreement with Hamm on this one. His Arc was rated far too highly.

Anyway another result change....well how about a jockey change for Six Perfections then she should have had a fair shot at Russian Rythm in the Guineas rather than taking a short trip to Dublin on her way to the finishing line!!!

I'd also like to change the decision to give Daryll Holland the ride on Falbrav, arguably costing him 2 group 1s.

They made a lot of cash flogging Alamshar to Japan on the back of that result didn't they? Shrewd.

By "no form" do you mean your reading of the ratings column? How about a line through High Chapparal? Oh hang on a minute IF he wasn't over the top.

They made a lot of cash flogging Alamshar to Japan on the back of that result didn't they? Shrewd.

By "no form" do you mean your reading of the ratings column? How about a line through High Chapparal? Oh hang on a minute IF he wasn't over the top.

Betsmate if you are happy to say Mubtaker is a superior horse to High Chaparral I give up!

Back